It pains me to ask....

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Brottboss, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Brottboss

Brottboss Elite Refuge Member

So yesterday the wife says "can you check my glove compartment, something doesn't look right".
    Well, considering everything from the owners manual, registration, and proof of insurance is now chopped to graffiti and fashioned into a little nest it appears we have a mouse or 3.
    Last night I set 6 traps amongst the worlds biggest woodpile and a couple under the hood of the suburban, and hit the hay.
    So this am I check the traps and nothing, they didn't like my peanut butter.
    After resetting traps I brought my truck to jiffy lube for an oil change. All was good until the fella came in and says "Steve, is Steve here"? Yep, right here. "So Steve, it appears YOU have a mouse in YOUR truck"!!!!! Just about stepped on my caulk upon hearing those words!
    So now I have not one but two trucks with mice.
    May the refuge mice killers put their minds together and direct my anger in the right direction? That means I need advice.
    Thanks

2. Weaselfish

Weaselfish Refuge Member

Walnuts. Mice love walnuts

Brottboss likes this.
  3. Kevin Burroughs

Kevin Burroughs Elite Refuge Member

Sprinkle decon pellets under the hood where it won't fall out. Bottom of the air cleaner box is a good place also. We do about a grand worth of mice and rat damage from gnawed wires each month. Get it done.

Brottboss likes this.
  4. black brant

black brant Senior Refuge Member

Poison carefully applied is best.

Brottboss likes this.
  5. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Poison stuck around the edges of sticky trap then zip tie the traps near the opening of the air intake box and one where you see any sign of activity.
    We had to do this when we stayed the season at my bud's house in the rice fields of Colusa, it works.:yes
    Snap traps on the floor boards so you can check them each time you get in the truck.:tu

Brottboss likes this.
  6. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

Insult Kim jung un.

Brottboss likes this.
  7. LimitsOnRuddys

LimitsOnRuddys Refuge Member

Crunchy PB smeared well into the fake cheese on a trap. Traps on the floorboards front and back. If they wont eat the PB on the traps put some on a piece of cardboard or wood by itself in there to get them used to the bait. If they are trapwise start putting out traps which are not set but with the bait on them, once they have begun eating the off the unset traps nightly you set the traps. Good luck.

Brottboss likes this.
  8. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

I live on a walnut orchard and while I can verify that mice and rats love walnuts, I haven’t had much luck with them for bait

Brottboss likes this.
  9. Ryan

Ryan Elite Refuge Member

Ratzapper on Amazon with some dog kibble tossed in it. I wiped out a whole entourage from my garage

circlehooker likes this.
  10. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Spray the "pans" of your traps with PAM. It's crack for mice.