Just got back from canada...

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by pitbull, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meat sticks

meat sticks Senior Refuge Member

Longtom. I am glad to see that you could make use of the link, its nice to see that there are a number of individuals that have absolutley no problem with filtching someone elses photography off the net in order to further their own agenda. I will be contacting the owner of the photo, and pointing out to him that you have used it, likely without his permission. I have no dog in this fight, other than getting a good laugh out of the whole thread. But I will tell you straight, poaching someone elses pictures is some low sh!t. Shows me and everyone else where your at! As for the hens, well, that is every hunters perogative. I don't preach voluntary restraint... I just practice it as soon as the heads turn green! The link was there for guys to utilize the website in a positive way... not to steal photos to further a point..... looks like there are some "looters" on the fuge.

2. sportsman450

sportsman450 Banned

sounds like maybe you do :l :l :l

3. drakewoodie

drakewoodie Elite Refuge Member

So far most the canadians with the exception of Meat Stick act like they(canadians) dont do things like this. But i know for a fact. that there are Canadians that do this. Every year for the past 7 except 2003 2004 i have hunted upland birds with a group of canadians they did come down for two days in 2003. But they come down from Tronto Ontario every year for a week and hunt pheasant. On opening day of pheasant season they usally give away a bunch of thier birds to the guys that dont fill thier limit. And then continue to hunt they continue to give away birds all the time. They take home thier possession limits only to give them away back up home(some of guys in the group). So dont act like you all are saints. These guys come here for one reason and one reason only to hunt pheasant. They stay with in their limits. they just give birds away to do so. they give some to the guys they hunt with like me and others. and they give others away to the farmer that they stay at. They stay with-in the law and i have no problem with these guys they are good guys.

4. Longtom

Longtom Elite Refuge Member

I have no "agenda". I am just sick and tired of hearing about the "greedy Americans".
    I have friends and relatives that live in Canada and thats all they do is whine about something or another, furthermore ANY conversation with them usually turns somehow to bashing the Americans.

I'm just pointing out the fact that there are braggarts up there also. IMO.......There are more ethical hunters than not.........On both sides of the border.

As far as the photo....contact whoever you like........I searched everywhere for a "copyright" on that photo and I couldn't see it.

PS........Looks like there are "tattlers" as well as "looters" amongst us. :yes

5. shell waster

shell waster Senior Refuge Member

Just read through the long bickering, blah,blah, bla, who cares. As far as I know pitbull did nothing illegal, so more power to him. Sometimes bragging excites and irritates certain people (usually jealous). Nobody likes to hear a blow heart, but this is public forum so you have to read the good, the bad ......etc

6. NestlesBigTime

NestlesBigTime Elite Refuge Member

Dammitt...what is it about my posts that leads people to the incorrect conclusion that I am somewhat dimwitted? I think I've had to explain this 2 or 3 times in the last week. This will make the second time today.

Look chump, if you think I'm stupid because I'm a southerner, you've got quite a bit of growing up to do. Lemme guess...you're smarter than me because you are a 19 year old college student? You can't be serious, can you? What, you made an A in college algebra and now your IQ is 150 points higher than anyone below the Mason-Dixon line?

I won't hold my breath waiting for an intelligent response. Nothing you've posted has been coherent up to this point, I don't know why it would start being that way now.

7. meat sticks

meat sticks Senior Refuge Member

Longtom, yes we have plenty of braggarts, and more than a few unethical hunters up here... enough that I don't need to look any further than my own back yard to point fingers. Hence I will gladly stay out of the non-res hunters debate.... other than to point out once again, that I wouldn't spend 2 days on the road to shoot 16 ducks, and 16 geese either... So in a way I understand. If you can prove that art is your original work, wether it be a photo, a painting or otherwise, you don't need to have it copyrighted. As for being a tattler, well, I hope if someone helped themselves to my personal property, that someone would be kind enough to alert me. Especially if they where the one responsible for creating a situation where their photos could be "borrowed" without permission. I understand why your frustrated, but I think its in bad form to do it, without first asking permission. The guy in the photo certainly has done nothing to cause you distress, so why trundle him out as some sort of example?

8. pitbull

pitbull Elite Refuge Member

here is one of the first of the first 1hr of hunting!!

Damn that trip was awesome :tu :tu

[​IMG]

9. olduckhunter

olduckhunter Elite Refuge Member

i wanna go next trip pit. i'll even furnish the gas. that is if you'll let me float the fourth while i'm up there.

olduckhunter

10. Decoy-em-in

Decoy-em-in Elite Refuge Member

If that pic doesn't have copywrite entilements, you should just bow out of the argument now before you make yourself look even more foolish. And if you Canadians don't like the fact that American hunters cross your borders and take legal limits of waterfowl, then I suggest lowering your limits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.