Just out of curiosity how old are you and how many years have you been a waterfowler ?

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by callinfowl, Aug 1, 2017.

1. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Not how old you act please, your actual age.

I'm 53 years old, but don't feel a day over 63 years old and I've been hooked on quack for 46 years. Can't get enough of calling and watching birds react to the call. Without the calling aspect of hunting waterfowl, I most likely would have lost interest many, many years ago.
    It used to amaze me to see how birds reacted to my fathers calling, when I was a youngster and I've loved hunting birds ever since.The things that hold me back these days is lack of birds in the area, lack of funds and back, neck and nerve pain in my hands and legs and feet.

HONKSRWORKN and ditchbanker like this.
  2. thekillerofmallard

thekillerofmallard Elite Refuge Member

64 been hunting ducks 51 yrs I think. Haha. it's still my favorite sport with my clothes on.

callinfowl likes this.
  3. mudhen

mudhen Elite Refuge Member

40 years...

callinfowl likes this.
  4. black&blueshoulder

black&blueshoulder Elite Refuge Member

37, got my license 26 years ago after tagging along for 3 years I think.

Same here - the seeing Dad fool birds into the wheelhouse was at the top of the list of things that hooked me

callinfowl likes this.
  5. oldfireguy

oldfireguy Refuge Member

65. This will be year 52 as duck hunter. Same hunting partner. Shooting 1954 Wingmaster Magnum.

callinfowl likes this.
  6. ducslayer

ducslayer Elite Refuge Member

64 and been at it 50 yrs.'! I will stop when I stop breathing.

callinfowl and Buttesmacker like this.
  7. OFH

OFH Elite Refuge Member

Well, I got bit by the duck bug when I was 13, and that will be 80 years ago this fall. In that period I can remember only four years that I did not duck hunt here in the U S at least part of every season, and that was while spending one year in Panama and four years in Ecuador. One of those Ecuador years I managed to sneak back for one hunt with my two brothers.
    But the bug has loosened the fierceness of its bite, and I may have done my last stint in the blind. I don't like the idea, but when ya gotta face reality, that is what you have to do. But there are great times to look back on!

8. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Ha! That's the way I tell people how much I like hunting. "It's my favorite thing to do with my clothes on".

I will turn 62 this week and I have been waterfowling since 40. My best friend to this day, who still lives in Norcal (I moved away) dragged me out to the rice and I have been hooked hard ever since.

callinfowl likes this.
  9. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Wow. We're not exactly a young bunch, are we?

10. sdhunter

sdhunter Elite Refuge Member

50 years old, hunting quack since I was 20. At 11, got the bug and my hunting license.
    My first tag along with my Dad's Navy buddy, fascinated with a pintail he helicoptered at Wister.

callinfowl likes this.