Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Kayak blind

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Duane Read, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Duane Read

Duane Read Senior Refuge Member

Just picked up a kayak today to use this year to reach spots my big boat wont go. Let's see some of the blinds people have done for their kayaks

2. brayden anderson

brayden anderson New Member

this is mine, very simple but very affective
    IMG_0025.jpeg IMG_0024.jpeg

3. Duane Read

How did you make it?

4. brayden anderson

brayden anderson New Member

i wrapped the entire boat in paracord and zip tied green plasitc garden fenceing to the paracord and thats what i zip tied all my cover to. i made my blind door out of a sheet of the fencing and attached piece of tarp to the inside of my door because my gun kept getting snagged.
    IMG_0008.JPG

longduck and Duane Read like this.
  5. whitedice

whitedice Refuge Member

Here is my kayak. 3 seasons of hunting out of it and making changes, and I am finally happy with it. Pelican 100 Trailblazer with an avery layout blind frame modified to fit.

If weight isnt a concern for you there are a lot of better options. But we walk in a long ways before getting to water. This kayak is roughly 35lbs plus the blind weight.

Attached Files:

longduck and Duane Read like this.
  6. rscholl

rscholl Senior Refuge Member

Search "kayak blind" at Basspro. For the time and materials involved it's hard to beat. Comfy too ...

7. Duane Read

It's out of stock right now

8. rscholl

rscholl Senior Refuge Member

K. Sorry.

Second plan for me would be something like an invisi-lounge chair, homemade door frames from 1/2" conduit and snow fencing with raffia grass. See momarsh site for door systems picture - just make the frame something like that. Probably cut the cost in half also.

Post pics of your yak if you want more specific suggestions.

Duane Read likes this.
  9. JohnBZ

JohnBZ Elite Refuge Member

I'm about to build a blind for my kayak that drops into to the ram rod holder bases. I have a sit on top kayak with a full framed seat (Jackson Cuda 12). I'm going to either weld or braze 1/2" emt and cover it with burlap then brush on that. I plan on a gun rest far enough forward to not interfere with paddling and to make the rear tank well the dog hide. I will probably start a thread when I get around to building it if anyone cares but I have a few irons in the fire to deal with first.

Duane Read likes this.
  10. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

Skip the stupid flip doors that scare the crap out of the birds before you ever sit up not to mention get your gun mounted. Make yourself a blanket style using plastic fencing and raffia. It will just slide out of the way as you sit up to shoot, birds don't know you're there until the gun goes boom.