Labs

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by jbrown, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

That's not a great picture, but I don't think Tarna has missed any meals;)

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

If you are implying she is fat (which is ok, no sweat) she isn't exactly lean. We go fetch every day, usually twice a day. She is in good shape. She has a big (baseball) lump right in the front of her chest, which the vet has checked and says is no problem. She can go all day pheasant hunting, busting through the creek bottoms (not so much running open fields like my buddies Griffs) and be ready to go again the next day.
    Here is another not so great pic, but gives you another angle...
    NCM_0001.JPG

3. Real Green

Real Green Elite Refuge Member

Females tend to pee on and burn the grass where as males tend to pee on the boarder of the yard.

4. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

Just poking fun, she's a good looking gal. I'm on my first female after three males. She is polar opposite of my last dog, but they are all different, regardless of sex.

5. KwickLabs

KwickLabs Elite Refuge Member

Well, I think she looks very good. A deep chest is not indicative of being fat. :no

How much do you think this one weighs? :h

[​IMG]

Irishwhistler likes this.
  6. P Frey

P Frey Senior Refuge Member

I have 2 Black lab Females. I would like to train a male just to see the difference. Both are in the 60-65 lb. range. Younger one would run through a brick wall if she knew there was a pheasant/duck on the other side. The older one would run around it. She's smarter!:l

7. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

I prefer males only. He is my right hand while hunting. For me it is that I spend countless hours training & preparing a retriever for duck season. I don't know what I would do if I had to worry about a retriever coming in season during season.

8. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

I prefer males only. He is my right hand while hunting. For me it is that I spend countless hours training & preparing a retriever for duck season. I don't know what I would do if I had to worry about a retriever coming in season during season.

9. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Female,no doubt.I have a 2 year old that's 75 pounds and a 12 year old that barely makes 55,but both are healthy and active.Females seem so much more loyal.

10. KwickLabs

KwickLabs Elite Refuge Member

We hunt alone. :yes

Mr_Mallard likes this.