Lake Mendota "rock pile" huntable or not?

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by watchm, Aug 27, 2013.

1. marsh man dan

marsh man dan Elite Refuge Member

This is a classic. Man dick central such a great wealth of knowledge. Sad the guide thing has more pages

2. gunut

gunut Senior Refuge Member

We should start a new Stu West thread....his trial has been moved to Oct 20th.....

BTW...I got one of the Labs confiscated from his "operation"....she has a strange habit of sleeping sitting up, leaning on objects, most likely from being kept 24/7 in a transport kennel.....with the floor being covered with urine and feces............................

3. marsh man dan

At Least she is at a better home now

4. Crazyotto

Crazyotto Elite Refuge Member

Amazing, I dont log on for a couple years, come to the home page and see this thread...some things never change, and in this scenario, its a good thing

goosenazi and pointblind like this.
  5. recker999

recker999 Senior Refuge Member

My kid will probably be going to Madison in two years. I will have him camp out on the rock pile and I will drive up by legal shooting time and help him smash the divers like nobody has ever seen. The rock pile is world famous and always lives up to its reputation.

6. recker999

You cannot own a rock pile on a public lake. It is hunt able no question and I would love to try and see them convict you on a trespassing charge in court. It’s all a scare tactic to make sure the general public stays away from it. The so called owner has the county in their back pocket. I am sure they would call the dnr and demand they write you a trespassing ticket but as I said it would never stand in court. It is a public rock pile and they know it is.

Somebody that lives in Madison just needs to go and hunt it.

7. marsh man dan

New law you can hunt around it all you want nothing they can do about it

8. Dog guy

Dog guy Senior Refuge Member

I could be that somebody to go out there.
    I hear shots when I am going to the gym in the morning. Really, if you look at the plat book there is an area that goes out into the lake and is "owned" by a person/s.
    Not sure if I said this years ago but years ago this was farm field where the farmer deposited rocks. Then the lake was brought up to its current level and maintained, covering the majority of the rocks. The whole NW area of Mendota is quite shallow.
    Recker, hook me up with your kid. We'll have fun around here.

9. recker999

You could say the same thing about tons or areas we hunt in South Dakota that used to be farm land and with the floods the fields are now under 10 feet of water. Those islands and point are technically owned by a farmer if you use the same rock pile scenario . So I guess I have been hunting on private land hundreds of times now without permission. My buddy got checked by the DNR once because a farmer claimed he owned the island he was hunting on. The DNR basically laughed it off and said the guy is basically a jerk and it would never go anywhere in court.

I am telling you these rock pile guys would lose in court. I think they are all bark and no bite and know they would lose.

10. Ruff

Ruff Elite Refuge Member

If they're paying property taxes on it you can bet your arse it would hold up in court.
    Also Recker the DNR does not enforce trespassing. Sherriff department does.