Layout blinds

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Minnesotaoutdoors, Feb 12, 2018.

1. White Smoke

White Smoke New Member

I bought a couple of the cabelas mobile one blinds when I started goose hunting a few years back. Always planned on upgrading to a better blind. After a few years, realized that they were pretty dang good for my needs. Super low profile and light.I no longer plan on changing blinds.

2. Chasemukluk

Chasemukluk Refuge Member

I bought two of the Tanglefree Flight Series blinds this year. One during late season goose and another one a week ago. They seem decent and have plenty of room. Bought the second one for my dad. I suggest waiting until they go on sale again. That is how I bought both of mine. Normally $300, but $179 when on sale from Tanglefree.

3. Neighbor Guy

Neighbor Guy Refuge Member

We have all but given up on them. If you can use your blind bag as a pillow and cover yourself with piles of stubble you will be better off.

Geese are wise to layouts. Too many people not paying enough attention, skybusting, and educating birds.

4. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Senior Refuge Member

20190323_161343.jpg just finished touching up for this years upcoming season. Fleece blanket with zip tied grass, FA up 'n' at em seat with grassed up frame (again, zip tied) , Sitka marsh lightweight hoodie, big enough to fit over a coat. Hoodie also has built in face mask......this is about as low profile as you can get being on the ground. Now when we add in our decoys around us ( we also set a sleeper on each guys lap) we just about disappier. Not to mention, between the fleece blanket and added grass, we stay pretty warm. We run up to 5 of these setups.

marsh man dan and Neighbor Guy like this.
  5. cacklercrazy

cacklercrazy Senior Refuge Member

Rodgers

6. Nocalhonker

Nocalhonker Elite Refuge Member

I like Rogers blinds they make a low profile.

7. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

What ever blind you decide on? I would recommend in buying a Final Approach Layout Blind Mat that straps over your backrest!!! Nice padding and keeps your backside off the cold ground so you can stay more comfortable on those long waits in the field!!!!:tu:tu

8. Downwind

Downwind Senior Refuge Member

Tanglefree is having another sale. Dead Zone Blind with Snow Cover $199.00?

9. marshmob

marshmob Elite Refuge Member

I picked up 2 tanglefree ghost blinds for snow goose and unbuckled the bag portion and used it as a backboard. Really nice blind and adjustable backrest. For dark goose I will clip the bags back on and stubble up. I think it will be a lot better than hard frames layouts to hide. Like others have said, regular layouts are like becans anymore plus they take up a lot of trailer space and forever to properly hide.

10. Jay Mo 37

Jay Mo 37 Refuge Member

I’ve even used a blanket on the bottom of the layout blind to separate yourself from the cold ground. Works great.
    I’d also try setting up the decoys away from your layout blinds. Have the geese looking at the decoys and not your blinds. It’s all about changing it up. Not being a 1 trick pony.