Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

lets see some duck boats?

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by whacknstack, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

My little boat now has a 6.5 Honda powered BT longtail. It plows through the water at 5-6 mph but that is fine as I strictly use it for shallow hard to access spots.

2. RTIC

RTIC Senior Refuge Member

I honestly cant say its been an issue with a side console for us. Would it be nice for the extra space sure, but mines an 1860 and the other we use is a 1754 i believe. We usually hunt 4 fairly comfortable. Im not saying we can move around without someone getiing up and sidestepping but we arent cramped.
    Personal preference I guess.

3. Ducky CPA

Ducky CPA Senior Refuge Member

Aluminum Layout Boat.JPG

BOAT1.jpg
    BOAT2.jpg

Fowler267 likes this.
  4. meb

meb Senior Refuge Member

8FF1FC93-E165-47DF-89C9-461707E69AE0.jpeg 036E7E6A-5AC4-4A42-AE21-5823ECF6F83E.jpeg
    Mine was 80s 16’ Sea nymph fishing machine. Red white and blue I think? I stripped it to bare aluminum and painted it with self etching primer and krylon camo paint. Many cans and blistered fingers later it was hunting machine. Amazed to this day how the paint has held up. Interior is just fading from sun. Then I sewed camo cover for the whole thing with hand awl anyway. Camo tarp layer inside camo fabric and grass outside to break wind. Collapse it and roll grass up and down and put on cover to tow the boat to next destination. Version 65 or so and I’m finally getting it right. LOL

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    Fowler267 likes this.
  5. meb

meb Senior Refuge Member

In this picture blind is collapsed and grass rolled up and travel cover installed. Also makes nice padding for layout when we hunt divers.
    9BAC0E48-1841-4EC7-AC58-1EA7D21C8458.jpeg

6. Duane Read

Duane Read Senior Refuge Member

Going to be painting it this summer, awesome for hunting the Chesapeake Bay. Used it this season and loved it. Family/fishing/hunting boat

Attached Files:

7. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

IMG_1854.jpg IMG_1853.jpg

We have big mud motor boats but a buddy and I converted this little former aluminum bass boat into an extra hunting rig to use for a dedicated spot we hunt On the steering, my buddy fabricated the swing away steering console shown in the picture above. They are available commercially on the market but why spend hundreds on something you can fab up yourself? When we get to the hunting spot, the console swings 90 degrees (parallel to the gunwale), giving you open inside space to set up under the Beavertail blind we mounted on the boat.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    Fowl-Action, longduck and Fowler267 like this.
  8. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

Re purposed waders?

9. Steelshot Scott

Steelshot Scott Senior Refuge Member

My 1970's Oscada canoe for beaverswamps.
    My Grumman Squareback for small water hunting with a 1955 5 1/2 hp Johnson.
    My 20 foot Lowe's Roughneck with a 90 hp Johnson for the sounds and rivers.
    My latest acquisition, a 23 foot Mako with a 300 hp Yamaha for sea duck hunting. I just got it and I am still setting it up. Currently I am overhauling the trailer, then I will set it up with a scissor rig. Wood duck canoe.JPG canoe pic 2.jpg Boat blind.jpg Mako.jpg

Duane Read likes this.
  10. meb

meb Senior Refuge Member

Yep. Found a use for all our worn out neoprene waders. Industrial strength Velcro sewn on and just wrap around and holds all the grass camo from blowing off on the highway. You can get pretty quick with one of those hand sewing awls. Shed a decent amount of blood in the process though. LOL

Fowler267 likes this.