LIKE my Carlson creamtor choke tubes

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by bigcans, Nov 15, 2017 at 1:15 AM.

1. bigcans

bigcans Refuge Member

I haven't patterned my gun on paper yet. But used cremator 2 pack Carlson tubes today. Unfortionatly I did my share of missing with 5 shots that humbled me. knocked 2 down with 1 shot, 2 mallards and i'm sure these choke tubes are much better than the factory one's.

I don't know....but I've always liked Remington steel in 1375 fps. been shooting it for a long time cause I can't afford the heavy stuff. Besides, I miss too much but there are times I nail em quick. Had all sorts of flybys today. with the wind. it was really fun being out there.

2. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

Why? Because they cost more? Or because Carlson's advertising says they are "better"? ...or because aftermarket parts are ALWAYS better than stock parts??

Until you pattern the stock chokes and the aftermarket chokes, you won't know one way or the other.

3. mike-sid

mike-sid New Member

I use Carlson's Creamator choke tubes in my Benelli SBE 2. I use the close range ported (IC) in my tight hunting spots, and medium range ported (mod) most everywhere else. I like extended ported choke tubes for waterfowl hunting.

4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

upload_2017-11-20_16-39-30.jpeg

5. mike-sid

mike-sid New Member

I agree with you. But for me, If I'm smashing clay birds with one of my skeet guns, or dropping ducks with my duck gun, I have no need to pattern my gun. I usually go to the pattern board when something seems wrong. That's just my way

6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Neither of our posts were aimed at you. Read the first sentence in the first post.

mike-sid likes this.
  7. mike-sid

mike-sid New Member

Thanks, I didn't think they were, I was just adding my 2 cents as a general comment. I can't keep my mouth shut sometimes.

I do agree that time patterning a shotgun is not wasted time, and good advice.

8. Native NV Ducker

Pattern your gun, or not. Up to the shooter.

But to come on and talk about a 'name brand' choke, and say you didn't pattern it, but it performs better, well........:scratch

mike-sid likes this.