Lodge Cast Iron Hibachi

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by seiowa, Apr 8, 2019.

1. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

picked one up a couple weeks ago and it is a game changer!! Been a big believer in cast for quite a while now and the price was right at Wally World. I highly recommend it.

Anyone else go the cast route? The lodge hibachi isn’t as heavy as you’d think and it sure doesn’t take much charcoal either. Pretty happy with it.

callinfowl likes this.
  2. Farm4wildlife

Farm4wildlife Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

I don't know what the lodge hibachi is but I cook almost every meal in my cast iron skillet. I'm known to be able to cook anything in a frying pan. Did a frozen pizza once.

Vahunter, seiowa and jreif14 like this.
  3. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

I've had a couple of them; loaned one out and never got it back and just sold the other one. Works great for direct grilling, just too small for 98% of my cooks. A bit of a pain to keep from rusting around here with the humidity(I don't have a climate controlled place to keep it). Will sear the hell out of a steak!

4. jreif14

jreif14 Senior Refuge Member

AE2BBD28-25F8-4600-AC44-0F503735B138.jpeg

This is definitely my favorite piece of cookware ever! My grandma gave me her set of 50 year old cast iron skillets because they became too heavy for her to cook with. After a little tlc, I got them looking good and cooking good! I am like Farm4, I cook everything in mine, from a whole chicken, to homemade pizza, chocolate chip cookies and all.

5. JohnBZ

JohnBZ Elite Refuge Member

Is this hibachi grill something a feller in cowboy boots drinking a pineapple mandarin lemonade would be using ?

num70 and creedsduckman like this.
  6. seiowa

It’s more like something a feller in 20 year old Nike Slide sandals drinking Miller Lite would be using.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  7. seiowa

I’ve done the pizza thing too. There’s not much they can’t do. Even a mediocre one is a great value for the lifetime of use you get.

I’ve got some Wagner and Griswolds from 1935-1950 give or take and I can slide eggs around them like a hockey puck. That mirror finish sure is nice compared to today’s sandpaper finish on the new Lodges.

Blake Johnson, tcc and jreif14 like this.
  8. Porter Bayou

Porter Bayou Senior Refuge Member

Back in my dorm days, I had a small ceramic hibachi grill. Was just big enough for 2 1/2 lb burgers or a small filet and a handful of asparagus. It took 6 charcoal briquets to cook a meal and that dang thing could get HOT. Accidentally left it out in the rain after consuming a few too many natty lights and that was the end of that.

9. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Strawberry lemonade beer, shoes, and now frying pans... I’d say this forum has gone full fledged trans. I don’t know whether to be proud or disgusted.

JK Eddie, I like cast iron too.

10. Vammy

Vammy Senior Refuge Member

Love my cast iron. I have one of my grandma’s skillets, gotta be 80 yrs old. Also have a 2 yr old Lodge, cooked nothing but bacon with it for a year; it’s now as good as Gma’s.

seiowa likes this.