Looking for a Lab pup

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by ZaneO, Feb 9, 2019.

1. SpoonySmacker

SpoonySmacker Senior Refuge Member

Mine FBL is a 70 lber during duck season. The rest of the year she’s anywhere between 60-65lbs. I throw her extra food when during the season because of the work load. We do a lot of hiking in the fuges and my gf takes her hiking and jogging around the neighborhood throughout the week. We drop her intake to keep her lean and conditioned during the off season. 73C8F8B2-FAD0-4368-A56C-C4ABD96B4BBD.jpeg
    Duck season vs Dove
    606C7B70-78F5-4675-A27A-CE64F6CFFC32.jpeg

Hayudog and callinfowl like this.
  2. MJ

MJ Administrator Moderator Flyway Manager

Luke is out of a 2016 litter.

3. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

I guess if I could choose looks... which I can, I'd go for as Kevin said them big'ol downs syndrome Labs. Either love'um of hate'um it's hard to beat a big'ol block headed tule stomper in my opinion. Field trails don't me spit to me as long as the dog has a good nose and comes when I call them.

4. callinfowl

I don't hunt rice fields, which is about as easy as it gets for a dog.
    Give me a good refuge/ tule dog above a robotic rice field dog any day of the week.:yes:yes:yes

5. Kornfed

Kornfed Senior Refuge Member

IMG_3324.JPG Just had my pup Mac at the vet for a checkup. Turned 1yr February 1st. Weighed in at 67 lbs. Vet was pleased at weight I have him at. Said she sees way too many fat labs.
    IMG_3065.JPG

callinfowl likes this.
  6. broducks1

broducks1 Senior Refuge Member

All 3 of my labs have been in the 90+ range. All were great dogs, but like someone said, first 2 have hip issues and the one now has blown out both acls but still getting the job done. Tpol surgery really is a blessing. First two labs lived to be over 15 years old,current lab is 8 almost 9. Hoping he's here for 15yrs.

7. broducks1

broducks1 Senior Refuge Member

nice looking boy
    Mine blew out both 2nd one while 1st. healing and my Vet. said its a problem in most large breeds now a days.

8. Hayudog

Hayudog Senior Refuge Member

I have a female from the previous breeding, January 2018. A dark yellow. At a year old she's 48 pounds. She's lean, wish for Idaho she was a little bigger. But, she got all the "go" that I need in a retriever. She's got an off switch. But, hunting I haven't seen her give up. The fact that there is a repeat breeding from a breeder says they've had positive results from their first go. If someone is looking at a pup from this litter, I'd be willing to show you Alice.

9. Hayudog

Hayudog Senior Refuge Member

IMG_0187.JPG

10. callinfowl

Great picture.:yes:tu

Hayudog likes this.