Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Macks today...

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Drundel, Feb 9, 2019.

1. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

If attorneys get involved, it will get ridiculous in a hurry. And I would think this would be the first and last one they hold.

2. jolle

jolle Elite Refuge Member

They announced a winner yesterday, is there a controversy? Fail the poly?

3. Drakes Landing

Drakes Landing Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

jolle, start on page 2 and read forward.

4. jolle

jolle Elite Refuge Member

Yeah I've kept up with the potential roost/loaf shoot on day 1, but those guys got 2nd place. And then with talk of laywers and such today, thought there might have been a formal complaint or something? Don't much care either way....

Drakes Landing likes this.
  5. grande long

grande long Refuge Member

Kill them white devil's however you can.the total take on them is barely enough to stabilize the numbers.

6. DEHC

DEHC New Member

The point is to provide an incentive for killing snow geese, so who cares if it wasn't done how you'd do it! This is a constant thing with some hunters: they are right, they are the best, and anyone who hunts differently is wrong. Maybe go out there and hunt them how you think is best , let someone else hunt how he thinks is best, and see who kills the most (ie: contest). Whoa!

7. jcneng

jcneng Senior Refuge Member

I want to see a detailed write up about the contest! What type of decoy was most prevalent, how did people hide, what types of field or water were they on, how many speakers were they using, were they using vortex's, what shape of spread, quantity of decoys, etc. I would like to try and learn some secrets! Probably won't happen though.

8. hunting1

hunting1 Senior Refuge Member

What works one day in one area may not work in another area or the same area different day. Look at the kill charts and you will see a few teams that had a very good 1st day and a pretty poor 2nd day. I would expect they were not altering they're spread or location that much after having Success With It on the first day. Then there are those that had a much better second day so I would expect that those guys changed tactics or fields

9. Drakes Landing

Drakes Landing Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

JCNeng, approximately 70% of the teams shot single digits or less over a two day period. I think you could probably learn as much or more from this forum than from those that participated in this hunt. My two cents.

Good luck

10. Hillybilly

Hillybilly New Member

I think for the guys that have hunted very little or have never hunted snows, they need to pay attention to the leader board at Mack’s. It is a some what more realistic sample of bird kills than they realize. If you talk to guys that hunt snows regularly, I think you’ll find that there are more zero and single digit days than there are 30+ kill days. The 100+ days are rare for most guys and none existent for many. My group has only killed 100+ one time in years of hunting(5-6 times per year). I know there are those of you who will say I suck and don’t know what I’m doing and that may be true but the reality is day in and day out goose hunting is not like the videos on YouTube.