Maryland blind drawing

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by weekendoutdoorsman, Jul 10, 2019.

1. weekendoutdoorsman

weekendoutdoorsman New Member

Question on waterfowl blind drawing. Everything I see online shows 1st Tuesday in August but I was told this year it's the second Tuesday (8/13). I cannot find anything online for this year. Does anyone know if it's the 1st or 2nd Tuesday in August. Thanks in advance.

2. Ruination

Ruination Senior Refuge Member

Probably will be a news release in the next 2 weeks. Also, Arc maps seams to be down which sucks.

3. derek

derek Elite Refuge Member

I can't imagine it not being the 1st Tuesday in August.. but I suppose anything can change. I would expect the press release soon. Arc maps are probably down as they update the maps and should be up before too long as well.

4. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

Man this place has changed. 4-5 years ago he would have got a whole slew of misleading information.

Last year DNR announced the date on July 18, so re-Google in next week and I am sure it will pop up.

drahthaarducker likes this.
  5. bsr1

bsr1 Refuge Member

I thought everyone knew they held the drawing last week. Wondered why the line was so short. I just figured it was due to the reduced seasons and limits.

6. Mr_Mallard

Mr_Mallard Senior Refuge Member

I never get a low number

7. drahthaarducker

drahthaarducker Elite Refuge Member

So sad to see what this place has become

8. Mayor of Seneca

Mayor of Seneca Elite Refuge Member

I understand by your # of posts don't know the history of MD blind site regulations and its history on the Fuge, that's OK, the old timers have faded away, including me. What a shame some of the Fugers still around don't attempt to help new Fugers! Most of you learned so much from us over the past years who dedicated ourselves to Maryland Waterfowling so its time for you to carry on that tradition.

The blind site process began in year 2000 with some clean up the regulations a few years later. DNR has and will release a announcement prior to blind site drawing. Since August 1st on Thursday the date should be August 6th which is a Tuesday. I have attached "comar" code of Title 10 Subtitle 6 10-608 governing non-riparian blind site licensing to explain the licensing process.

2010 Maryland Code
    NATURAL RESOURCES
    TITLE 10 - WILDLIFE
    Subtitle 6 - Wild Waterfowl
    Section 10-608 - Offshore blind sites - Applications.

§ 10-608. Offshore blind sites - Applications.

(a) In general.- A Maryland resident who possesses a current year or prior year hunting license may apply to the Department to license riparian shoreline for the purpose of establishing an offshore blind site.
    (b) Requirements.- An applicant for a license shall:
    (1) Submit to the Department:
    (i) An application on a form provided by the Department; and
    (ii) A signed statement that:
    1. The location of the blind site is at least 125 yards from all other previously licensed riparian shoreline; and
    2. The offshore blind site complies with all other pertinent laws and regulations; and
    (2) Pay to the Department an application fee of $20 for each license requested.
    (c) Submission.-
    (1) The completed application shall be submitted to Department regional service centers or other designated local sites on days designated by the Department.
    (2) The Department shall establish and adequately staff a site in each county where licensing occurs.
    (3) The Department shall provide public notice of the licensing process through the media, Internet, and other sources.
    (4) Licensing shall begin on or before the first Tuesday in August of each year on dates set by the Department.
    (d) Maps of all licensed shorelines.- Each designated site or regional service center shall have maps available by July 15 of each year that show the location of all shoreline licensed by riparian landowners.
    (e) Daily limitation.- Except for riparian landowners licensing their own property, a person may not obtain more than two licenses per day.
    (f) Shoreline boundaries.- Each license shall apply to 250 yards of shoreline. Blind sites shall be located equidistant from the boundaries described by the license.
    (g) Specific requirements in certain counties.- In Kent County and Queen Anne's County and on the nontidal waters of the Potomac River and its nontidal tributaries, only a riparian landowner owning the amount of shoreline required under § 10-607(d) of this subtitle or a landowner's lessee, licensee, or assignee may erect and maintain a stationary blind or blind site.
    (h) Length of license validity.- Licenses are valid until June 30 of the following year and shall be issued in the order the applications are received in person.

[1999, ch. 703, § 2; 2003, ch. 21, § 1; 2004, ch. 85.]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  9. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

Sorry pappy.

Now, if we just get the NRP to stop encouraging people to lock up shoreline.

10. joecitrano

joecitrano Elite Refuge Member

I’m sure I’ll do the usual, go wait in line, draw a crappy high # and just leave and go to work and go to dnr on second day n pick thru scraps