Meeting in Lacrosse on Monday

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by woodiefanatic, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Wiscoduckhunt

Wiscoduckhunt Senior Refuge Member

If folks can’t see why perm blinds on public waters aren’t the single worst thing then you are a special kind of dumb. I have seen perm blinds that are poorly constructed and camouflaged completely ruin ones ability to effectively hunt a great spot. Never mind the near constant harassment you get fromsaid blind owner thinking it is their spot.

rhpierce and Shirleyshusband like this.
  2. pud123

pud123 Elite Refuge Member

One of my favorite moments of the meeting was when one of the Poygan guys was up there pushing for no split. He then said "I'm not saying I want to change zones, I just want to move the zone line". Chuckled at that contradiction.

Ratboy likes this.
  3. pud123

So, in essence, what you are saying is that if everyone could build and camouflage as well as you deem acceptable then it's fine. What exactly makes you the determiner of how someone brushes and builds their blind? Don't like it then move on. As far as the harassment issue, they cannot legally tell you that you cannot hunt their blind if you beat them to it. It is that simple. Follow the laws set in place and there shouldn't be any problems. They give you guff for hunting it, call a warden for hunter harassment.

4. Wiscoduckhunt

What kind of weird hunting utopia do you live in? Again special kind of dumb.

90% of blinds on public land stand out horrifically bad. I have reported the information on blinds twice to wardens for truely excessive harassment and both times it was brushed off.. I was told maybe if we had video recordings. I was once told to my face “it was opening day what did you think was going to happen”. I at least saw one of the wardens write down the info I gave him.

So get the jags who build blinds to follow the laws then sure ... but they don’t ... there is always an argument... ALWAYS!!! They feel entitled to their spot ... again I thought the state voted them to be outlawed a couple years ago???

5. Wiscoduckhunt

Answered my own question 2016 63 counties voted to outlaw perm blinds on public areas for waterfowl. Total statewide vote was 2 to 1 in favor.

6. pud123

I never remember them getting outlawed. Honestly I don't even remember any talk of it happening. Public is public, it comes with its own nuances. Telling others how they should enjoy land that everyone has equal rights to is something that sticks in my craw.

7. Wiscoduckhunt

By your logic anyone should be able to do anything on public land as long as they enjoy it? I would really enjoy burning down all the structures built and left on public lands for
    Months on end...it really sticks in my craw!!!! 2016 spring hearings voted to outlaw them...apparently you haven’t been going to meetings for awhile. There are all kinds of laws that govern usage on public lands ... your craw must chuck full.

8. pud123

Whatever bud. I don’t remember seeing that on the options that year, my bad. Apparently it bothers you just a touch. Instead of bitching on the internet send some emails to the people that can make this happen if it means that much to you.

9. malford

malford Senior Refuge Member

Banning permanent blinds on public waters passed and a proposal was written, this requires a legislative change and to date no legislator has introduced a bill.

10. cousin eddie

cousin eddie Senior Refuge Member

Collecting dust right next to the crane hunting bill.

Jagwall, MstormChuck and pud123 like this.