Merry Christmas to All

Discussion in 'South Dakota Flyway Forum' started by duck central, Dec 6, 2018 at 9:26 AM.

1. duck central

duck central Senior Refuge Member

Hope Everyone is safe during the Holidays. Beth and I are going to have a very special Christmas this year. I got a call last week from a Outfitter in Mexico that we've gone to a couple of times and He said he's got a opening from Dec. 22 - Jan.5 for ducks and doves. We talked things over and booked the trip last night. 14 days of hunting for Redheads, Pintails and doves. Laguna Madre is ONE of the best places I've ever been next to Argentina nothing compares. Not just the hunting but the lodge is second to none. It's so great to have a wonderful lady that enjoys doing the same things as I do. I'm very lucky to have such a great partner in life.
    Merry Christmas to all.

Mean Gene, BirdJ and nebgoosehunter like this.
  2. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

Sounds like a great trip. What outfitter?

3. duck central

Lodge is called Camp David. It's about 20 Mins. off the Laguna and run by a great guy from Texas.

Mean Gene likes this.
  4. recker999

recker999 Senior Refuge Member

You are lucky. I have a great wife i would not change for the world shes just not into hunting. I get my hunting in but our winter trips are to warm weather resorts.

5. duck central

Should be plenty warm there. average of 65-75 most days. You know I am lucky, I didn't find this great lady until I was 48/ yrs old. Beth won't hunt every morning but LOVES to shoot doves. The last time we we're there was a 5 day hunt and I know this will sounds crazy but I shot over 3500 rounds in that amount of time. This trip is 3X as long. Glad I don't have to bring any guns. LOL