Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Migration 2019

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by fboutdoors, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Neck Collar

Neck Collar Senior Refuge Member

We've had good numbers of snows staying here in NE Kansas since the middle of November...Lots of canadas & quite a few white-fronts too...Be safe out there...NC

2. Geez n Quackers

Geez n Quackers Senior Refuge Member

Still to early to know how weather will impact the migration. No matter what the weather is like today and where the birds are, I wouldn't count the migration as past me until the calendar says they should be. Until at least the first couple of weeks in March have passed, even for birds north of my area, there is always the chance of a major storm to push them back south. Into me or on south of me. Hunting spring snows chased back south can be phenomenal! It seems most years when the birds get too far north too early, a reset happens.

3. possumfoot

possumfoot Elite Refuge Member

dec and jan have been too mild. expect the last week of jan and first week - 10days of feb to be brutal cold. good hunting though if you can handle the conditions.

4. Wapiti@67

Wapiti@67 Senior Refuge Member

Quack is spot on! Always the chance it won't snow again this winter and the birds will be in SK by March 1st, but there is a much better chance they will be high tailing it south a few times over the next two months. As A-Aron said... R E L A X