More than frustrated trying to find opportunity

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by jjb27, Jun 13, 2018.

1. jjb27

jjb27 Refuge Member

Is the easiest way to get opportunity for ducks to just go out on a guided hunt? I have friends who are hunters but our schedules get in the way of all of us getting together. We did sign up for the river blind drawing but we cannot get together on a day to sign up for the other public, dry land, areas. I do not have the coin/connections to join a club or even know where to check them out if I did. I am in search of my first hunt. Ever.

Has anyone had success w/private land using an app like OnX? I am trying to hunt w/my friends who already hunt but our schedules don't always allow that so I need to find other hunters. Trying to get my brother involved as well but he's taking his sweet time/will follow my lead but isnt taking the reigns.

2. Drakes Landing

Drakes Landing Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

Join your local DU committee. They are always looking for new committee guys and is a great way to get connected with other like minded waterfowl guys/gals.

Good Luck

WHUP ! Hen and ED Vanderbeck like this.
  3. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

4. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

Sound like it is time to make some new friends.

Where do you live.

5. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Senior Refuge Member

We all need new friends if they got some good duck huntin spots :yes

6. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

I guess my question would be why do you need other people to go hunting with you??? Find a spot, pack in a half dozen decoys and go by yourself, a lot of people do it if they really want to go hunting. Depending on other people to do something you want to do isn't going to get you to far no matter what you choose to do in life.

wakenda and bullpinnie like this.
  7. captaininsano050

captaininsano050 Senior Refuge Member

Frustrated? Did you have a lot of private landowners turn you down when you asked them? And you even offered to work for it too? You need to find someone that hunts and see if you can head out a time or two. Try to make it seem like you aren't just out to steal a spot.

8. jjb27

jjb27 Refuge Member

I’m in st Charles, near page extension

9. jjb27

jjb27 Refuge Member

Don’t disagree. It’d be nice to learn from someone however and make some new buddies

10. jjb27

jjb27 Refuge Member

I’m trying to learn so I can enjoy and be a steward of the land and pass down proper instruction to my kids. I’d love to get out and work for access and share w landowners. Just never done it.