Moving to CO

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by CA Hunter, Aug 6, 2018.

1. CA Hunter

CA Hunter Senior Refuge Member

Hi guys,
    Hope i can get some help from you.
    I'm a retired person who wants to move out of CA.
    Colorado is up on the list of potential places we want to move.

My question is: I'm looking to buy maybe rural or semi-rural property maybe with some acreage not far away from some "civilization" to get a medical help should the need arise, but close to public land for hunting/fishing.
    My main interest in upland/deer/duck hunts. No Elk, sorry.

Could you please give me some pointers. My wife and I are driving there at the beginning of the september to begin our search.

Thank you

2. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Refuge Member

CA,
    Are you looking at Western Colorado or the Front Range( east side of the Rockies?)
    The wife and I moved from Cali to Grand Junction about 25 years ago.

3. CA Hunter

:) I do not know, i look to run from CA, and CO is up on the list.
    I Know that i need a mild weather with some trees (not flat land) with nice people and good hunting opportunities. I love duck, rabbit, deer hunts as well as some fishing.
    I have a duck boat which i can bring with me.

How is Grand Junction? How is hunting over there?

4. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Refuge Member

Plenty of rabbit, deer and gold water fishing around. Most good duck hunting is on private. One can run the Colorado River to duck hunt from jet boat. Some of the out lying areas are more in the foothills.
    Grand Junction is a big valley( flat)surrounded by mountain ranges. Good medical in Rifle, Montrose, Glenwood Springs as well as Grand Junction. This area has good turkey hunting. Good goose hunting, but on private. Upland has dropped off in recent years for various reasons. The pheasant hunting was one of the main reasons we moved here. There is still good chuckar hunting, but have to be half mountain goat to get after them.
    Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, just ask.

5. CA Hunter

6. CA Hunter

Going to CO at the beginning of the Sep. to see Denver and GJ areas.
    Any news guys? You do not like CA hunters to move in?

7. WARTHOG

WARTHOG Senior Refuge Member

I don't think it is the CA hunters moving in that bothers folks. I think it is ultra liberal people from CA that move out of CA to escape CA and then want to change their new local to how it was when they lived in CA. Great towns in Colorado, New Mexico, Montana, and Texas have been Californicated in this way. If you want it to be like what you had in CA just stay in CA. JMO

8. CA Hunter

1. I'll do what i want without your BS
    2. Don't you think i'm running from those FKd up liberals and instead of welcoming me in your state as a new blood to the conservatives you stink like a garbage bin. Dont you think you are worst than those fkd up liberals? Yes you are

9. WARTHOG

WARTHOG Senior Refuge Member

1) Of course you can do what you want because this is America.

2) I hope you are running from the screwed up liberal CA, but many get here and start thinking of how it was where they came from instead of embracing the new life in the new state.

3) I have lived in two great towns that once the influx of CA came the vibe totally changed. The new demand for services such as bicycle lanes, additional crosswalks in the name of safety, additional stop lights in the name of safety, push for higher taxes to enhance almost everything provided by the government, plus the bitching about hunting. I lived in a town that had an overpopulated Elk herd and they occasionally needed to be thinned out, but once the folks from CA got moved in there was constant bitching about the cruelty of it all. No thinned herd meant more auto vs. Elk accidents, more starvation in the winter, and much much more property damage. Always bitching about elk, deer, and bear hunters. The local DU banquet went from a bunch of hunters to a bunch of clean water activists.

4) Sorry, I mean no disrespect to you, but I am not worse than the liberals folks from CA that move in and want things to be like they were at home. I have lived through the CA invasion in two towns and that is what really stinks. I have some great friends from CA and they have truly escaped that cesspool and love it, but most come and then start wanting to change things to how they were in CA. If it was so great in CA why did they come?

5) Come enjoy Colorado for what it is. It is a great place to live if you like the outdoors and really does not need a whole bunch of new ideas on how to spend tax money.

10. CA Hunter

I feel your pain and i understand what you are talking about, It is what i live everyday and it is why i'm moving out.
    Now, when you have such experience, don't you think you need to seize every opportunity to help fellow conservative to move in and bring 2 more conservative families ( my 2 daughters ;))?

BTW, if i'm on this forum and ask for places with the good hunting/fishing, what makes you feel that i'll "bitch about hunting"?

And is the liberal trade to measure everyone by their FKd up standards, conservatives trade is to use their brain, so, please do not act like them. Be smarter.