Moving to Longmont

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by wanapasaki, Nov 13, 2018.

1. wanapasaki

wanapasaki Senior Refuge Member

if anyone is in this area that may need some company in a blind/pit I’d appreciate it. I have a dog that I can put to work. Thanks

2. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

Welcome to Colorado.

Longmont is right in the heart of it for water fowling along the front range, but I think you will find that the public fowling opportunities are ok at best for the most part. There are of course some days that are the exception to that rule, but in general the majority of serious hunters are in a club or if seriously loaded in several private leases.

You won't find a lot of traffic on the CO state forum, most everyone got booted during the great purge. There is one forum dedicated to colorado waterfowl, but that is pretty much a ghost town as well. There are a couple of groups on the zuckerberg site with a bit more activity that you may want to check out.

Are you mainly a ducker or a gooser?

3. wanapasaki

wanapasaki Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for the advice! I’m mainly a duck hunter. I grew up here in the 90s and moved to California. I’m back now and I can tell you a lot has changed. I’m looking at onyx maps and all the areas I used to hunt are completely locked out. I was a little disappointed to see how much it had been sold out. I’ll probably hunt prewitt and Elliot for this season and maybe a bit up in Peetz. Hopefully I can meet up with a group or two and expand my opportunities a bit. Probably not going to get a whole lot of field time this year starting the new job but I’m definitely going to try and get out as often as I can. Thanks again for your insight.