Mushrooms, but not morels...

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by spaightlabs, May 8, 2019.

1. Sault Ste. Marie

Sault Ste. Marie Elite Refuge Member

Reason? Coloradofornia.

Trout Bum likes this.
  2. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

:doh
    I was never a drug user or abuser.
    I worked with youth in a State Hospital . Different drugs effect different people differently. And some people the more natural drugs are more effective. And Doctors dont always get it right. Well most MD's had it wrong with our kids.

Im a real lightweight: ( ok: the pain really wasnt that bad)after a shoulder and hip replacement I would rather suffer the pain, than the side effects of 1/4 dose of oxi.

Do what you want at home.
    I lost a childhood friend to a drunk. Nail your tail to the wall if your on your phone,. .04 or high driving on the road

Unfortunately some peoples, recreation desires spill over onto the road and work place. My wife's assistant missed work Friday Monday Tuesday Wednesday because her16 year old "son was sick". Poor kid always sick on long weekends :doh

And for you guys that like natural highs, guaranteed three days of fun
    Eat raw shellfish from hood canal in the summer Vibrio bacteria is incredible. Don't over do it:eek:

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    spaightlabs and JRS like this.
  3. DrakeStar

DrakeStar Elite Refuge Member

The junkies that have been brought back two...three...four times,just to shoot up again and look forward to another dose of taxpayer funded life saving Narcan, sure have been a productive parts of society.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    dwhauss, JP and JRS like this.
  4. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

I'll take that bet.
    PCP is not being used (successfully) to treat PTSD.
    Nor is it being used (successfully) to treat depression.
    Nor is it being used (successfully) to help people with imminently fatal illnesses.
    People are not microdosing PCP to improve both attitude and productivity.

Don't take my comments as defense of legalization. Without having given it a great deal of thought, I think I'm in favor of decriminalization but not legalization. I don't think every Tom, Dick and Harry should take psilocybin in an unsupervised or unstructured environment. But the data shows us, beyond a shadow of doubt, that when used properly, this stuff has enormous benefits which are not (and cannot be) replicated by pharmaceuticals. It was wrongfully criminalized and we'd be wise to delve further into its benefits an help people get off the pharmaceutical hamster wheel.

pud123, goosenazi, fishmunkee and 4 others like this.
  5. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator

I understand that people have medical issues that some of these substances may help, but am I the only one that thinks it's sad that people feel the need to use some substance to have a good time? Recreational use just seems odd to me - there are so many things I enjoy doing and I can't think of any of them that I would want to be mentally impaired for (impaired, enhanced, altered, however you want to view it) while doing them. I don't personally know anyone that recreational drug use or drinking for that matter, has made into a better person. Seems there is always some underlying issue going on that they want to forget or escape from. Just seems like a whole lot of sad to me...

dwhauss and salthunter like this.
  6. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

Same as gun control rationale imo.

Sure there is a potential for people to shoot up malls and schools and the like, but should we that use and keep guns safely in our homes miss out due to the <1% that will just always be whackos?

I get you don’t like people getting ripped and driving or going to work (and for the record, I don’t, either).

But the benefits of these substances outweigh the potential for abuse both in my mind and apparently in the minds of CO legislature.

Murder is illegal, gun ownership is legal. Drunk driving is illegal, both alcohol and cars are legal. Coming to work and driving there messed up is illegal. Don’t worry, we can legalize the drugs but still punish those who abuse them in that way. Sheet, drugs are illegal now most places (like where I live) and people still get messed up before work. Ain’t no law book gonna make them stop, legal substance or illegal. It’s just the cost of doin business.

salthunter likes this.
  7. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

Lol

8. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

hallucinogens have repeatedly been shown to “cure” addiction also- the literature I’ve read related to nicotine and opioids, but I’m sure other addictions are treatable as well. The pharmacokinetics are not well understood, but a good, strong trip apparently “resets” brain chemistry.

9. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

True. Smoking cessation is a big one. Nothing else (other than death :) ) approaches the same level of cessation as these supervised trips they do to help people quit.

10. huntaholic21

huntaholic21 Senior Refuge Member

You def didn’t have the good ones.

JuvieCoot and goosenazi like this.