My First Pintail

Discussion in 'Washington Flyway Forum' started by Ducksergeantorg, Dec 18, 2017.

1. CurrencyTrader

CurrencyTrader Senior Refuge Member

Congrats! they are a nuisance on the west side, getting them on the east side is a joy

2. Potholes Mark

Potholes Mark Senior Refuge Member

Tim
    you got that right they are the target especially in a mallard grinding corn field shoot the chocolate head!!!!

CurrencyTrader likes this.
  3. Duck_Hunter_88

Duck_Hunter_88 New Member

Gotta to be stealthy to finish pintail....nice

4. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

Nice bird congrats I finally got me some last year in Texas first bird at shooting light I was so excited that I didn’t shoot for a few more passings of birds admiring it lol

5. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Supposedly, they are kicking it back up to two birds next season (at least in California from my understanding).

Nice bird! Wall or table? Really cannot go wrong either way, they are one of the finest birds to eat, and they make a pretty mount on the wall.

6. Mudtoes

Mudtoes New Member

Congrats on your Bull Sprig, probably the most graceful waterfowl in flight, and handsome in the hand. Having hunted waterfowl in California for over 50 years I've shot quite a few, and always am amazed when I hold one in my hand. When I was in high school in the 60's Gray Lodge refuge at dusk would buzz with Sprig heading out to feed, and many 7 bird limits of strictly sprig were taken while hunting, lol we used to think mallards were a big deal when you got a bunch!

Wareagle1 likes this.
  7. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

Beautiful bird! I painted up a few decoys with hopes that I might attract their attention when a flight comes through!

8. Rubberhead

Rubberhead Elite Refuge Member

Beautiful bird - congratulations. I always think of duck hunting as a time machine - there's nothing that can make a grown man feel more like a kid than a good morning of duck hunting.

Green Duck Truck and Fowler267 like this.
  9. Greg Neyman

Greg Neyman New Member

10. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

Maybe that's why I'm feeling my age this season...Lol!