Need help

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by TheDuckSlayer, Nov 6, 2018.

1. JHerr

JHerr Elite Refuge Member

Blue-mirror Costa's of course with cable lanyard thingy;

STOP shaving NOW, but it might be too late to grow a sufficient duck killer beard;

Dip of Hawken with Mtn. Dew spit bottle;

Mini call choker necklace;

Brag openly about how "your farmer" said you were covered in green tops at the farm; and

While browsing wares, blow your best meat routine with hopes of being heard and placed on a prostaff of some sort.

2. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

White Costas, Buck Mark & DU head tattoos, diesel with stacks and stickers all over the back window with maybe a black lab riding openly unrestrained in the truck bed in the the freezing weather. Lastly, stop at the call counter and test drive some calls with your finest highball call. Its a sh!t show for sure.

stevena198301 likes this.
  3. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

Oh I forgot the blackout Stealth boat that mom and dad bought.

4. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Thank you for the tips. Will Red Seal natural fine cut be a suitable replacement for the Hawken?

5. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

Alabama Plates....... Optional giant Alabama, or Auburn sticker.

stevena198301 likes this.
  6. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

I already got a duck head tattoo but I don’t think a new browning buck mark tat will be healed in time. I’ll put it on the off season to-do list so I’ll be ready next year. Thanks

stevena198301 and bullpinnie like this.
  7. JHerr

JHerr Elite Refuge Member

Yeah bud. But Cope Snuff is mo better.

pud123 and bullpinnie like this.
  8. Biggar2000

Biggar2000 Senior Refuge Member

Some of y’all are way to young to remember when Mack’s was in the metal building in town. Limited parking for sure. But I did witness several guys in the old shop come in like a scene from Caddyshack. We need two of these three of these and yeah we want two of them new Benellis and walk out with gobs of stuff. And I got invited to dinner and a hunt with the guy who made the offer to buy Mack’s and was a total fraud that’s a three drink three hour story. Think he had an original part in Natgear. Oh my Arkansas days and I was part of the first paying groups to hunt Five Oaks in the early 1980s that’s another 3 hours. Good times.

bill cooksey and stevena198301 like this.
  9. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Never stepped foot in it. Was sitting at lower Vallier talking to my old friend about it one night, around a campfire. This was shortly after supper. He was talking about the bear in the store, and how Mr Mack was the one who shot it. We sat around that campfire until about midnight, and decided we were gonna nurse one more, and call it a night (it was colder than a well diggers butt that weekend, and we made a nice 5’ wide fire ring, and kept it up well). About 20 minutes later, a truck screams up into camp. It’s an old man and his son, VFDs, and they heard a report of smoke coming from BM (like, a forest fire, amount). They were looking for the cause of it, and stopped to ask if we’d seen it. Anywho, they sat around our fire, cold and tired from looking for a fire they hadn’t been able to find, and got to BSing about yesteryear. Mack’s got brought up, and that old dude mentioned he knew Mr Mack, and out of the blue, mentioned the old store and the bear. Lesto and I started laughing. Guy gave us the whole story, how he’d flown up there, and the pilot got onto him for not shooting it sooner. He told him he didn’t see a reason to shoot that bear from a distance, with it walking right toward him and all. The pilot was worried if it attacked, they’d be stuck, as it would destroy the plane. So he shot. He said the bear is in St Louis now. I’d like to have hunted the timber in AR back in the day.

10. WK2HNT

WK2HNT Senior Refuge Member

The old store downtown had a small single bathroom in the back that I spent a little time in and I am sure they ended up having to remodel after I would use it. I also remember a pintail/mallard hybrid on the wall that I would always look at.