New DSD Honkers

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by buck_master_2001, Jun 29, 2017.

1. IDSLAYER

IDSLAYER Refuge Member

Spoke with Robyn on Thursday to order some. Was advised that there was a waiting list, hoped to have everyone on the list to be taken care of by September. Then I asked about the size of the new honker. Was told slightly larger than the lesser. Only real difference, they were a little wider. I went with the lesser and saved $60 a dozen. May have made the wrong choice. Perhaps some one who purchase's the new style honker and has a lesser to compare with, can post a picture.

2. deand1

deand1 New Member

I back ordered this March at the new price, and am listed as number 17 on the delivery sequence. Robyn stated last week they just went into production of the Honker decoys. My delivery date is 6 to 8 weeks out.

3. don835

don835 Elite Refuge Member

Oh Man...might be September before I get mine.

4. rossgoose

rossgoose Refuge Member

I planned on ordering 18 or 24, and contacted them about placing the order, but it appears they will not arrive until sept, when most of my hunting is done. Wonder why they don't plan ahead and have them ready earlier.

5. Waterdog Trainer

Waterdog Trainer Senior Refuge Member

I ordered Replicas honkers a couple weeks ago. I have Replica specks which are very nice. At the time I emailed Robyn at DSD she couldn't give me a production time on the new style and had limited information on the stand and motion system. I owned several dozen hard sides in the past. The new decoys look great but just to much uncertainty at the time.

gary s. likes this.
  6. Waterdog Trainer

Waterdog Trainer Senior Refuge Member

I think it took them a while to develop the new one piece design. I know what you mean about time frame. Great company and decoys if you want to wait.

7. don835

don835 Elite Refuge Member

I'm sure the wait will be worth it!

BirdJ likes this.
  8. Kazzy8

Kazzy8 Senior Refuge Member

Maybe because they are a brand new decoy and Dave had to carve 10 different poses and the had to make molds and everything else that comes along with coming out with an all new decoy. Lol.

9. Kazzy8

I will point out that they no longer have a wait on any other decoys and that they have items in stock. This new honker is the exception of course because it is new and people were able to pre order. I imagine that they will have an obscene number of orders for these but based on how fast they got through the 3 year speck back order (once moved into the new facility and they actually started on it) I wouldn't worry one bit. Under promise and over deliver is their motto so I wouldn't be surprised is people get their honkers sooner than they think.

10. Kazzy8

I will post pics when I can. The new honkers are basically 1/2 way in between the old honkers and the lessers size-wise. 10 poses vs 4 for the lessers.