New DSD Honkers

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by buck_master_2001, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Maxima

Maxima Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

That's funny, a buddy and I just picked up 12dzn Cacklers and 12ea. Specks Tuesday.

2. Specktacular

Specktacular Senior Refuge Member

Suit yourself, but I've tried it both ways(actually 4 ways) and the poly inside the slotted works best, IMO. Cleaners supply bags also get muddy and blow around in the wind. The poly bags never come out of the slotted bags for me. They're only a liner. I can grab a 6 or 12 slot bag and put out the decoys from it or pick them up faster than I can by carrying multiple individual CS bags and juggling the rest while opening and setting out or putting away one of the decoys. Only advantage to CS bags is throwing them in the wash when they get really dirty or wet.

3. bustsducks

bustsducks Elite Refuge Member

Maxima

Are you still making & selling ringbases for the dsd lesser's?

Great quality ringbases!

4. Lonegoose35

Lonegoose35 New Member

I just was on dsd website they dont have the 6 slot bags for new honkers(unless missed it somehow). Just 6 slot for the lessers. Doubt they would fit in the new avery bags. Avery bags are smaller now for new models.. rogers bags maybe???

5. deand1

deand1 New Member

I received my order of 8 doz. DSD honker decoys. Very nice workmanship. They seem to be very durable also.

I have a Honker Hauler trailer and was able to fit 5 doz. into the cart without forcing them in. The rest are on shelves in my trailer. This is the first year I will hunt alone and 8 Doz. full bodies are going to be a chore to put out.

6. todecoy

todecoy New Member

Assuming you're putting new DSDs tail down in slotted bags. How do you think the tails and wing tips will hold?

7. Spencer5100

Spencer5100 Elite Refuge Member

The Tanglefree 6 slot honker bags (especially the flight series) are super sweet and they are just barely too small for my old style two piece DSD Honkers so I imagine they would work great for the new ones. Would love it if someone could confirm as I want to order a few dozen of the new honkers in the near future and those bags are what I'm really hoping I can use.

8. don835

don835 Elite Refuge Member

I'm going to try that as well. Should speed up setting out and messing with bags.