North Platte NE, hotels

Discussion in 'Nebraska Flyway Forum' started by GooseChaser1, May 29, 2018.

1. GooseChaser1

GooseChaser1 Senior Refuge Member

Looking for recommendation for a hotel in North Platte, NE in August (clean and safe). The family and I are heading to the Game Fair in MN and this is our mid-way point from NM for the first night. Did search on the WEB and have a few in mind.

Thank you all in advance for your help on this. Also, what are the rules in NE for transporting firearms in your vehicle (pistol or shotgun).

Best To All,
    Dennis S.
    Rio Rancho, NM

2. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

I wouldn't stay at the Oak Tree Inn. The railroad uses it and crews are coming/going all the time. Don't eat at Penny's Diner unless you need a good internal cleansing. Not sure on the pistol but the shotgun really doesn't have any rules except being unloaded of course.

3. GooseChaser1

GooseChaser1 Senior Refuge Member

Thank you negooseman for the info. Hope your upcoming season goes well. I know it is only the end of May but the season form ountain Grouse and Doves and Band Tail Pigeon opens here in NM on September 1 and our special Teal season on September 15, 2018.

Best Regards,
    Dennis S.
    Rio Rancho, NM

4. Fowl-Action

Fowl-Action Senior Refuge Member

I’ve stayed at the quality inn in north platt a few times. Cheap and cheerful, don’t mind dogs and they have a pretty decent restaurant that is attached to the hotel.

5. Patodor

Patodor Senior Refuge Member

At the risk of this slipping into obscurity I’ll save adding a thread by asking here...

Anyone able to recommend a hunter friendly motel somewhere among the eastern basins? Preferably something with a fridge and space to hang the gear. No dog. Will be making a return trip this fall and the Airbnb we used in Hastings last year is no longer around. Most I’m seeing are just private rooms. Appreciate it.

6. nebgoosehunter

nebgoosehunter Senior Refuge Member

We used to stay in a mom and pops motel in Clay Center when we used to go out there. It's been several years but I think it's called Twin Oaks. The rooms were large for gear and there was a fridge, and I think the price was pretty good.

7. ajj16

ajj16 Senior Refuge Member

I have a buddy that is part owner of New Victorian Inn, in York...usually pretty good prices and clean, unsure about the fridge but you could ask.

8. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

There was a motel in Geneva that would have lots of hunters when the basins were full of water. Lots of places in York to stay.

9. Patodor

Patodor Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for the recommendations. I saw the places in Clay Center and Geneva, hadn’t heard of the New Victorian. Looking forward to the trip.