Nova Ultrajon - need a part

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by mulf, Jun 24, 2004.

1. mulf

mulf Refuge Member

I've got a '01 Nova 1860sc UltraJon. I broke off the port side transom corner casting. No problem I thought, Genmar dropped the Nova brand but it's the exact same boat as the Crestliner c1860vds Dlx jon or the Lowe Roughneck Ultrajon r1860vds or the Lund 1860 ultras. I've gone to every dealer of these other brands around here and they won't give me the time of day. (guess where I won't buy my next boat :mad: ). I can show them in their books the part I need but they don't want to order it. Anyone know of a GOOD dealer for Crestline/Lowe/Lund that wants to sell something other than new units? I'd like it to be close to Dayton, Oh but I'll order from anywhere at this point

2. BigBand

BigBand Elite Refuge Member

Why not try to buy directly from the manufacturers?

:confused:

3. mulf

mulf Refuge Member

With the Brunswick buyout of Genmar, nobody knows who's got what right now. I can't even get to the right dept, hell, I don't think they even have 'departments' yet.
    I was hoping that someone knew a dealer that had a good relationship with with a rep or a parts guy.

4. BigBand

BigBand Elite Refuge Member

If your boat is exactly the same as all those other brands, maybe you could get the part direct from one of those manufacturers.