NRA

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by rism, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Steve Borgwald

Steve Borgwald Elite Refuge Member

I see quite a few posts about hunting guns on this thread, including at least one from you. If the 2nd is all about hunting with Boom, which I doubt, he isn't the only one here.

2. Steve Borgwald

Steve Borgwald Elite Refuge Member

I agree for the most part with your first statement about the NRA. Not so much with the view that SCOTUS understands the Constitution to be dynamic and and to be interpreted according to the times. No doubt some justices lean that way, e.g. Ginsburg, but I think for the most part, the justices look at what the founders wrote and at precedence.

Thanks for responding.

3. 3labman

3labman Senior Refuge Member

The special price is on all memberships went on ahead and got the five year for $100. Didn't want a magazine, didn't give a phone number or email, paid with PayPal.

4. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I agree & understand- there are SEVERAL here...........As I've said before I would give up hunting to keep my "guns!" And that pains me as I love to see the Sun in the morning & the woods/marsh coming to life in the Dawn.

5. BADLARRY250

BADLARRY250 Senior Refuge Member

You're welcome

6. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

If you payed with PayPal then they have your address, not like it's a big deal or anything though.

The_Duck_Master likes this.
  7. JBRUNO4590

JBRUNO4590 Elite Refuge Member

I am no longer. I dropped because of the constant bombardment of calls and mail wanting me to renew a membership that was 'expiring'. Most times my membership still had a full year or two left. I also take offense to them placing the call using number that appear to be local. I actually had one call from the NRA that, according to the caller ID, came from a town that literally had a bar and a gas station, and one flashing light at the intersection. Definitely not an NRA office. Basically, I felt like they were being deceptive to get me to take the calls. The NRA is literally one of the reasons that I do not answer calls that come to my phone these days. I figure if it is important, the caller will leave a message.

8. 3labman

3labman Senior Refuge Member

The begging by mail doesn't doesn't bother me I rip it up and throw in the recycle on my way back from the mailbox like the rest of junk mail; home loans, credit cards, car deals, etc. I worked with a guy who would open the letter put all the paperwork, envelope included in the return envelope and send it back to them. If no stamp required. I don't do phone calls I just hang up on them.

9. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Same here, if I don't recognize who's calling I don't answer ever. Heck, most of the time I don't answer when I do know who's calling.:l:l:l

BADLARRY250 likes this.
  10. renoduckman

renoduckman Elite Refuge Member

They don't want your hunting gun crowd, people with that mentality is scary.
    I have always thought that is a very slippery slope for gun owners.

riverrat47 likes this.