Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Odd Duck Out..

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by SAXIS ISLANDER, Apr 15, 2018.

1. SAXIS ISLANDER

SAXIS ISLANDER Elite Refuge Member

I saw this on Saturday morning...my question is...Which one is unlike the others?? MD DUCKS UNLIMITED.jpg

Duane Read and The Other David like this.
  2. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Sarah, she has an Inboard?

3. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

None, you all care about and give time for the Ducks!

4. Ruination

Ruination Senior Refuge Member

I still haven't decided if Saxis Islander is a slur or not.

Reading your books did nothing to clarify the issue.

5. SAXIS ISLANDER

SAXIS ISLANDER Elite Refuge Member

Perceptive...nicely done...Growing up the "Saxis Islanders" got blamed for pretty much everything that happened anywhere on the Shore. But, it's the folks that I grew up with and the folks who stand by me to this day. A bunch of em, one day, will feed me (mixed with a little corn) to the ducks.

Duane Read likes this.
  6. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

I like the Saxis Islander folks. True, I have a limited interactions with them but from what I witnessed, I am impressed. Been to Saxis a number of times and the folks are always great. A number of years ago I drove to Saxis WMA, got there at around 1am and slept in my truck. Woke up in the dark about an hour or so before sunrise, and was staging my boat for launch in the parking lot away from the ramp. All of a sudden 3 rigs come flying into the parking lot, circle and stop near the ramp. The guys all get out and one comes over and asks if I would mind if they launched before me. I said no problem since I wasn't ready, and thanks for asking. He gave the thumbs up to his guys, they launched and we got to chatting. I told him this was my first time here . He gave me some good advice, and showed me on my map where are good places to hunt and where it gets shallow real quick etc. He then, after I finally launched, held his boat back from following his friends so he could lead me in the pitch dark out to the main area.
    Ok just smack me in the head....who was THAT? Who does THAT? Local guys thats who , definitely guys raised in the southern tradition of hospitality and honor.
    Not saying that every Saxis Islander and there abouts are that nice, but they were and I just bet way more are....than not.