OOS'ers BOHICA

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by bullpinnie, Aug 17, 2018.

1. lucky_man

lucky_man Refuge Member

That's the only reason I would go back is to take my wife. I've told her stories about when I used to go 20-25 years ago when we were guests at the Monsanto lodge for many years when my Grandfather was growing seed beans for them. Made some friends that hunted WMA's and went with them a few times. She thinks it would be fun to go. Told her that where we timber hunt it's the same action, but she has seen the hunting shows and the youtube vids and heard about Arkansas. Don't know anyone that hunts public anymore so probably have to book a hunt with an outfitter. That's the one drawback of having Mamma hunt with you; it costs double. And timber hunts ain't cheap.

2. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

ERRRRRRR!

Wrong!

3. lucky_man

lucky_man Refuge Member

4. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

We've got our own "resident"......................(well, we used to , anyway)........

Well, I have mixed emotions over this one. Some of my best hunting Partners are ....yep, OOSers...:doh....But I'll say this about the limiting of OOSers......Other than Opening week, Goober week (between Christmas & New Years) and the last week or 2 of the season oosers are a limited number in the parking lots, that's a fact. So, you got aprox 21 days or so of the so called overcrowding to deal with.? ? Is it that some people want to create a Park? Maybe That the agfc clearly mark all trails, clean out all stumps, mark the Jake Hole? Believe me they (agfc)have been down the Blue Line doing a little planning...:yes. Folks, wake up......It is not anymore crowded NOW, during those 21 days, than it was 50 something years ago when I first hunted BM. NOT ANYMORE THAN IT WAS! I've seen cars parked on both sides of the road at Mulberry, Upper & Lower & Long Pond for a mile...every day when the ducks were thick..........Sometimes in life doing nothing is the best solution.
    Such as......the proposed water plan.....Have you seen it??:doh:doh If you want to save the trees don't flood them till December.... what else you need to know??? :l

5. Fishun Injun

Fishun Injun Senior Refuge Member

I enjoyed some Wonderful years out there from the early 90's through about '02....hunting leases with a good Group of folks. You can blame the Duck Commander and a period these days when folks have more $$$$ to spend than ever before on the flood of so many so called "Duck Hunters". At 60....I own my own farm here Alabam which has a good flooded timber hole and hunt with a few Buddies who have the same. Good for a limit of Woodies and a few Mallards,Grey Ducks,Teal. At our age....WE ain't Rushing Ourselves to get to a spot...WE OWN THEM!!!