Open water layout boat hunt for wild quail or mallard hunt.

Discussion in 'Swap A Hunt Forum' started by Ugly dog, May 12, 2019.

1. Ugly dog

Ugly dog New Member

I have layout hunted for 15 years. I love decoying canvisbacks goldeneye and bluebill at point blank range. The hunt will take place on the Tennessee river in Tennessee or north Alabama depending on what species you want to target. I have a 19 ft high sided tender boat with a new 90 yammy on back. We will hunt from a Lake Erie style layout boat built by waterfowl works. The boat has coast guard approved foam and is very safe and stable. We will hunt over a spread of 50 to 110 long lined decoys depending on conditions. Mid December or the last 3 weeks of January are when you would want to do the hunt. What I am looking for in return is a wild quail hunt. I have a good finished bird dog . I would also be interested in a good timber mallard hunt.

2. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

No offense but no one wants to hunt in north Al. Lol we don’t want them there either...

3. Ugly dog

Ugly dog New Member

No offense taken. I would not offer up this trade if could not take someone on a good shoot.

4. cholt

The birds are there just have to put in the leg work. I have had about four or five bass boats about run over me in my boat up there I don’t know if I could hunt out of a layout up there with out a good flair gun with a scope lol

5. Ugly dog

Ugly dog New Member

Boat traffic is always a concern when layout hunting. No matter what body of water you are hunting. The river is 622 miles long there are quit places to hunt.
    Whats point in tearing down an offer that you know nothing about.
    Didn't your mom teach you if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

6. cholt

Yea she did, good luck on your swap. Did you hunt your layout at conners last year.

7. Ugly dog

Ugly dog New Member

I am not sure where that is (conners).
    I primarily hunt the section of river that lies within the beautiful state of Tennessee.

8. cholt

It’s down towards guntersville south of Goose pond