Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Opening Day Saskatchewan

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by GooseChaser1, Sep 3, 2017.

1. recker999

recker999 Senior Refuge Member

The internet has ruined many a good hunting areas in the past. Don't complain is you advertise a spot and 20 people show up the next time you go.

DaPutts likes this.
  2. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

On a different note - has DU or Delta addressed this at all?

I'm also curious on the license sale trends in the U.S. and Canada. I know that, in Minnesota at least, small game linses sales keep trending downward - even in the face of expanded hunting opportunities

ducknazi likes this.
  3. smitytv

smitytv Senior Refuge Member

Nothing like hijacking the OP's original thread that was clearly excited and well meant , for your bitchy insecurity and frustration..............

4. smitytv

smitytv Senior Refuge Member

And yeah, I'm pretty sure after 20 years they are well versed in what type of pressure for access in their favorite areas .

5. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

IF ? they have been going to these areas for twenty years, I can damn well guarantee you that they have seen great increase in pressure for access. Fact is, I used to hunt & have life long friends from one of those areas. I now trade Christmas cards & phone calls with those friends as I have ventured to a less pressured area. So, keep posting areas on the World Wide Web, I'm sure it will help the hunting:tu

6. recker999

recker999 Senior Refuge Member

I don’t even hunt Minnesota anymore because the hunting is so poor. However, I hear it is as crowded as ever. Especially at the well know places. You have fewer hunters but you also have a lot less hunt able areas.

I remember in around the area I would hunt in western MN they would be let’s say 20 public sloughs and maybe 3 I considered worth hunting. The other ones were just big mud holes. The feds or the state buys up the land and sloughs and that’s it. It just sits after that and nothing is done to manage the water levels, etc.

7. NR

NR Elite Refuge Member

What exactly would you like DU or Delta to do? I remember Sask and MB making pushes in the past (10 years ago?) to require guide/outfitter for waterfowl hunting and Delta lobbied against it.

8. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

Yea? Then stay in Jersey and hunt. What exit big fella?

9. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

As I recall from various hunter surveys, one of the major, if not the #1 issue, for many waterfowlers is access to quality hunting areas. Access to those areas are decreasing as the number and reach of guides and outfitters is expanding, and as hunters are increasingly allowed to substitute various gadgets for hunting skills?

Why should I part with membership dues and allocate my time to these organizations if my access to the resource is increasingly limited?

I guess that, for starters, I would like them to put their flag in the ground so to speak and address the guiding/pressure issue.

10. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

Delta might. DU is not coming within a mile of that stuff, other than to condemn unethical/illegal hunting practices....that is not their mission even though most of their supporters are hunters (although I wonder what percentage of their donations comes from hunters like you and I).