Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Opinion on smaller sneak type boat

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Capt. John Stieben, Mar 19, 2019.

1. cajunwannabe

cajunwannabe Senior Refuge Member

Carstens Pintail is a duck killing machine

2. CamoHunter870

CamoHunter870 Elite Refuge Member

I have a County Line on order for this summer and really looking forward to the boat that Andy is going to make, 1444 layout boat should be an awesome rig.

Right now I have a 12' fiberglass over wood and a 4 Rivers Refuge Runner and going to sell the 12' once I receive the CL. I went with CL because of the aluminum, the boat should last me the rest of my lifetime so I went alittle bigger and a thicker hull too.

3. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

Poke Boats have stood the test of time. I thought they were over priced but some of these other boats are every bit as expensive.

4. crazyquacked

crazyquacked Elite Refuge Member

Fatboy DP. I use a 3.3 hp Merc on it.
    20190121_112158.jpg

5. Fowler267

I have a Fatbot DP but they don't paddle worth a damn. If he wants a sneak boat I figure there is paddling involved?

6. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

FB’s lack a defined keelson and do paddle like a drunken sailor. A skeg type assembly attached to the stern helps immensely.

7. Fowler267

I re read the first post. He does want a motor so I guess a Fatboy DP would work. I only use mine as a layout, never put a motor on so no experience in that regard.

8. crazyquacked

crazyquacked Elite Refuge Member

I havent been in any duck boat yet that paddles worth a damn. That includes Marsh rats and Aquapods. Maybe a pokeboat would? I dont think a 14 foot Country Line is a small boat either. They all have their uses, strengths and weaknesses. The DP is heavy and paddles like crap. But it hides well, is safe, can haul a ton of stuff and has room for my dog to sit behind me while I shoot. The day I took this picture, I paddled it 1.3 miles back to the boat ramp, loaded. I ran out of gas. :doh
    20190121_112803.jpg

9. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Yes, they have. I've owned mine for 30 years. It's allowed me to get a lot of ducks in trouble.

Fowler267 likes this.
  10. Fowler267

Who makes that suck duk decoy in your boat? Is that one from the Paul's Pond guy?