Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Outstanding Boise Decoy Painter

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by Buzz10, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Buzz10

Buzz10 Senior Refuge Member

My 1987 Plastiduck super mags at 4lbs each with @22 ozs of lead for the Columbia River got into Chris Olsen"s hands last year for their first ever complete paint restoration with the green heads flocked. Fantastic job! Works of art they are now! My hats off to a talented young man. His phone is 208-407-6794

2. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

Pics or it didn't happen...

3. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

I regret selling off my Plastiduck geese and ducks . We made stands for our goose decoys , looked good!( for 1990)

4. Fsbirdhouse

Fsbirdhouse Senior Refuge Member

Made contact this morning with a lady whose late husband had many sacks of decoys
    Unfortunately they are hanging on a wall in his shop. I am still under lift restriction.
    Am hoping her grandson will be pulling them down in the next few days
    Am also hoping they are GHG decoys like ones I previously fully flocked.
    I don't need many floaters, maybe a dozen, but would like full body field duck decoys, and especially the old Rester/Sleeper retractable base models.
    Flocking decoys now would go a long way toward my recovery from open heart surgery last Feb.
    I got to have something to do toward this coming season. Son and Son-in-Law got all of the ones previously flocked but 4 Rester/Sleepers I kept back. I am a rank amateur when it comes to flocking decoys, and have only done about 120 for self and one friend, but I had fun (Tho slow as molasses in January).
    Now I know more, and feel I could do better this next time if eyes hold up for it? IMG_1031.JPG

QuaaackerJack likes this.
  5. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Those dekes look pretty good, Fs.

6. Fsbirdhouse

Fsbirdhouse Senior Refuge Member

Among other changes, I should have put way more black on the bills of all the hens.
    Of course, that's just for my own sake. They seem to hunt just fine.