Pain is Fuel....gotta hustle...

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by bigcans, Nov 14, 2017.

1. bigcans

bigcans Refuge Member

Anyone here play 4 yrs of college Baseball? Too bad I didn't have it but right now i'm worn pretty good. It's early in the season so it's gonna take me a few more weeks, maybe 3 in getting in some better shape. Busted my tail today and it was a great hunt. However i'm really bummed that my first knock down was a hen pintail. dirty rotten sob. I almost cried. I missed the drake and what I lack is split second decisions. I fired again and shouldn't have. Miss brown gorgeous folded in the sky. damn it. We need to continue to protect our hen pins. so I apologize. bc pintails are precious these days. They need to recover.

is there any one out there around my age at 60, than humps it alone carrying all that gear? ya know pulling or pushing a game cart even on a road is not easy as it might look. 400 yrd march to the blind and stopping 4 times for a breather on the ol'e heart. i'll tell you it's harder using these than packing it all in to a 48x48 decoy bag!

I threw out 6 avian x mallards, and 6 full body field, and 3 honker floaters. I insist on using honkers in mallard country. All ducks go to them. So I have my hands full. This is what i'm dealing with. i'm sore, and the fuel I had is now for the couch. Lord have mercy. Just wish were able to hunt private. drive right up or in a 4 wheeler and unload.

No such thing with public hunting but I ended up with a lot of brown today. hen pin, 2 hen mallards, 1 drake and a drake widgeon in 20 mph sse winds, dark and cloudy. should of had my limit. I could have shot 2 drakes that landed in the deeks but boy oh boy, after I jumped them 3 shots and out they went. dog just shook even she was saying wtheck are you doing man. had to apologize to her too. 1st birds of the season. The hunt is on. it's magical right men?

Attached Files:

2. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho Moderator Flyway Manager

Keep going!

Thanks for sharing - you’re not alone...

3. bigcans

bigcans Refuge Member

Yeah, I'm a nut case. I got nobody to talk to. Just my dog. & I talk to ducks. Merry Christmas everyone