Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Pedal Boat Blind?

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by MedicPelle, Mar 30, 2019.

1. warrenwaterfowler

warrenwaterfowler Senior Refuge Member

You're gonna put a dog in the peddle-boat? So, yourself, a dog, decoys, blind bag, gun, a blind on top...anything else?

Are you using this in a small pond in the back yard or somewhere with a fair amount of distance to cover? How does the peddle-boat work in shallow muddy/weedy water? Is there a current you'd have to peddle against? Wind? Won't the thing try to go in circles with only one guy peddling on one side?

2. Will Hunt

Will Hunt Refuge Member

Yes I’d put my dog and all that other crap in there ALONG WITH another hunter. I’m no peddle boat expert, but the one I just googled has an 800 pound capacity. No I wouldn’t use one if I had any serious ground to cover, or in a river with current. You know some people do have private property to hunt. Duck hunting boats aren’t a one size fits all type of deal, I have 9 boats in my pole barn, 4 specifically for duck hunting, no peddle boat yet though.

3. warrenwaterfowler

Just wondered. Have fun on your dorky boat. If I had 9 boats, you'd think there was a canoe, kayak, or small Jon that would do the trick in there somewhere.

4. duck dawg

duck dawg Senior Refuge Member

I thought this thread was about duck boats not dork boats. lol

5. warrenwaterfowler

I got a rash on my crotch just thinking about peddling that thing wearing waders and layered up for duck hunting