Pheasants 2018

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by Shirleyshusband, Oct 20, 2018.

1. wing dam

wing dam Senior Refuge Member

Couple of quick hunts last night and this morning, had to get both dogs out but prefer one at a time.
    IMG_0507.JPG IMG_0513.JPG

2. road kill

road kill Senior Refuge Member

Another nice walk in the park.

Attached Files:

3. greog86

greog86 New Member

Nice looking walking stick you’re toting there road kill.

I’m heading out this weekend with the girls and the rest of the warriors to track down my roosters. Hopefully Pud left a few in one piece for me.

4. pud123

pud123 Elite Refuge Member

I’ll be out tomorrow morning as well. Taking my old boss out for a shot at some tacquito making materials.

road kill likes this.
  5. Shirleyshusband

Shirleyshusband Elite Refuge Member

Hard hunt today, headed back into the swamp for these. Water often times up to the top of my hip boots. Finding a dry area to hunt wasn't easy. Took three hours.

But watching him work is priceless!

20181103_141057.jpg

6. pud123

pud123 Elite Refuge Member

Left the house at 6:20 this morning. Made a quick pheasant run with my ex boss and got 1. Ran back out to goose hunt and scout. Managed one 65mph bird unfortunately. Here is what that pretty fella looked like, he will be delicious.
    E0DBDE80-4EAC-44FE-9D74-C7510A45AD39.jpeg

7. Shirleyshusband

Dropped this one off with the taxidermist today. Been wanting to get one mounted that Goose put up and retrieved, and I didn't blow apart, or that Goose and the rooster didn't get in a wrestling match. And had a decent tail. Finally!

20181105_125317.jpg

8. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

Truly jealous of y'all up there chasing pheasants, grouse, geese and ducks...I miss upland birds...

Shirleyshusband likes this.
  9. Shirleyshusband

This from the duck hunting capital of the world?:joker:l
    Just messing with ya. Pheasant hunting by me is pretty good, duck hunting, not so much:cry

road kill likes this.
  10. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

Yes, sir...

I grew up gunning the Mississippi and Illinois Rivers and areas around the Quad Cities in Illinois...moved down here to go to college in 1988. I used to judge my year as a kid by what was hunted or fished...walleye and panfish in the spring, catfish in the summer, ducks and pheasants and rabbits in the fall/winter. Then a long drought and school until the thaw and walleye again...

Don't tell anyone, but Arkansas is no longer the duck capital of the world...the migration has changed and the weather doesn't drive the birds like it used to. The past two seasons reminded me more of the hunting in Illinois when I was a kid than the Arkansas hunting of the 1970's through about 2001.

Shirleyshusband likes this.