Pike Illegally Reintroduced to Comins Lake $10,000 Reward Offered

Discussion in 'Nevada Flyway Forum' started by JDK, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton Elite Refuge Member

My apologies, I did not mean to imply that you personally planted them, I should of used quotation marks as I was referring to the collective "you", it's a problem with the internet, as inflection and tone can't be translated.

My point is that non professionals should not take it upon themselves to plant species where they were not meant (planned) to be. The lake managers undoubtedly weighed options such as water depth, temp, bottom contour, annual rise and fall of the lake level, as well what species are popular to fish for (public input), then planned what species to put in the lake. Given the fact that the number of fishing days dropped dramatically after the pike were introduced, it sounds like they got it right the first time. Allowing pike to remain, among other things, would simply embolden these criminals and encourage them to continue to plant problem species.

But again, my apologies for the miscommunication.

2. mpkowal

mpkowal Senior Refuge Member

3. mpkowal

mpkowal Senior Refuge Member

No worries,yeah it's a bad situation that there is limited enforcement in most places these days.Here in Nevada the game wardens have an enormous area to cover,and a lot of wrong happens as a result.
    There was just a bunch of big game poached I think 8 deer,I hope they catch these Thieves.

4. HEVI ON HONKERS

HEVI ON HONKERS Elite Refuge Member

I sure it's the Same guy from Ely that did it before. As long as Bassett lake to the north have pike in it those guys will do it time after time there knuckle heads and I hope NDOW finds them.

5. Winchester 1897

Winchester 1897 Elite Refuge Member

Ndow poisoned bassets too