Predator 670....on my way.

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by Tailfeathers, Oct 15, 2018.

1. warrenwaterfowler

warrenwaterfowler Senior Refuge Member

Yes...you will stall out at higher rpms under load without it. You can pick them up at most auto parts stores. I mounted mine right to the side of engine. I also added a toggle switch to allow me to turn the pump on/off and an inline shut off valve. I like to cut the fuel to the engine and let it run dry-especially before it's going to sit for awhile. 20181107_104620.jpg

AJCsurf likes this.
  2. warrenwaterfowler

warrenwaterfowler Senior Refuge Member

A better pic of it: 20180804_220512.jpg

AJCsurf likes this.
  3. AJCsurf

AJCsurf Elite Refuge Member

Solid info :tu

4. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for the info and photos. Well, she's done except for the external fuel pump. Started her up the other day and in one or two seconds of cranking, she fired right up and sounded smooth as silk. I like the responsibility of having to work a manual choke as Master of the Engine Room and Capitain! :joker I followed the instructions/ recommendations in the book and mounted the tiller bar on the left side of the engine as you face the bow of the boat. I saw some guys had it on the other side but this way, on the left, I figured I stand more in the middle of the boat (weight distribution) and also have full swing port and starboard of the tiller by being able to move my body left or right more equal by standing in the middle of the boat. If I was on the right more, I'd be trapped more by the right side of the boat, me thinks.
    All the wiring went well. Good instructions. Ran my fuel lines up to the bow area to keep the tank up there. Battery is in the stern. I bought 4 gauge wire for the battery hook up, but they are a bit stiff. Work fine but I think I'll pick up a set of jumper cables that are more flexible and use the cables. They sit side by side and look like a cleaner more flexible set up, especially when I turn the gizmo all the way around so the long shaft is in the boat for transporting and the wires and fuel line have to follow the rotation distance.. Did some work on the trailer, got new trailer lights that actually work....imagine THAT? Moved the winch post forward. The new Mud Motor made the balance a little lighter from the outboard's hitch weight, just about 2 feet. Bolts were rusted, wound up just cutting them off and buying new. Enough knuckle busting for me. Working on a balance post set up. This chet is fun! :tu The boats starting to look Bad Asssss. Maybe I should take a BA barrel sticker and name her? :joker
    Thanks everyone for all your info, I'll keep you posted.