Printable Names for Game Wardens

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by cootmeurer, May 14, 2019.

1. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

I've run the gamut. Had some that were super professional, had a couple that let slide honest mistakes (a lady GW that checked us, and one guy forgot to sign his stamp - she dropped a pen on the ground and asked the rest of us to show her the birds), most are just regular. But did have an incident with the Feds out in W KY that was pure BS, Brownshirt Nazi style BS. But, over the course of 40 years shooting ducks one bad apple is probably a pretty fair percentage.

2. buckmaster1

buckmaster1 Elite Refuge Member

Apollo Beach, Fl, Formerly from Gloucester, VA
    A few years back the three of us were being checked by the GW when all of the sudden he crouched down and whispered, "Birds coming in from the left". Of course by the time we got our act together we couldn't get a shot. But at least we tried to give us a heads up.

3. grande long

grande long Senior Refuge Member

Gw on land and (the little boat) on the water.

4. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

One year we had the Game Warden drive onto the farm to check us out. He parked along side all our vehicles way over yonder and waited until we stopped for the day ( legal time) to walk over and check us. He could have just walked over when he arrived which would have been prime time for the evening hunt, but he gave us the courtesy of waiting. He pointed out that he waited, didn’t need to cause we are not that dense, and we thanked him.

5. hunting1

hunting1 Senior Refuge Member

For the most part no problems. All friendly but professional. One time though had a Dudley Doright get silly with his magnet on our shells. Almost cut open a shell to show him how weak his magnet was

6. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

Had a Gw pull up in the boat to our water blind,was checking us when I.told him,don't move,two mallards and a black duck were circling high over head. He didn't move a muscle..I quacked on the call and the black.duck came into the decoys and the guy with me shot him. He said,that was perfect...I told him perfect would be if he got our duck...he untied his boat and got the duck.for us...Perfect!

riverrat47 likes this.
  7. drahthaarducker

drahthaarducker Elite Refuge Member

We had a game warden try to throw us off land we had written permission on.
    I called his boss in Annapolis, he said the officer had spent most if his time on the water and didn't know "all the laws".
    The next time that warden showed up to check us he was very humble, I don't think he even checked anything other than to ask if we had licenses and if our guns were plugged.

Last edited: May 19, 2019