Pump guns

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Wareaglebrowning, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Fishun Injun

Fishun Injun Senior Refuge Member

And the Model 12 is the Caterpillar Dozer of Pump Guns!! I've got both 2&3/4" guns and a 3" gun...all have Simmons Ribs. The 3" I opened to Modified Choke. They are made from machined STEEL....even have adjustments for any possible wear. If one has problems with ejection...it is due to short shucking or needs a long needed cleaning!! And if you can shoot FAST....with the trigger held down it will fire every time you slam the bolt shut!!!

2. JDK

JDK Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

Purchased a Winchester SXP two seasons ago shoots 2-3/4 up to 3-1/2 had issues with it cycling first few times out had to break it in but now cycles just fine used for upland birds using 2-3/4 and duck with 3 " and geese a few times using 3 -1/2 I am starting to like it a lot even though I purchased it as a back up gun.

3. oldfireguy

oldfireguy Senior Refuge Member

Remington 860 Wingmaster.
    I bought my 1954 Magnum, used, in 1970. Hunted waterfowl and upland birds with it every season since.

4. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

That's an extremely rare shotgun. Never actually seen one in person. I wouldn't be taking it into the marsh if it were mine.
    :no

ronaldo likes this.
  5. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

The 860 Wingmaster was $10 less than the 870. :joker

Tuleman and ronaldo like this.
  6. oldfireguy

Exactly. I didn't deserve the 870....
    Have you heard the "tapping your wife" story"?

JP likes this.
  7. oldfireguy

Range of opinions seems to be covered. So.....
    Bob is driving home from work when he gets a text from neighbor Sam.
    "Bob, I have to confess that for the past two months I have been tapping your wife. From the moment you head for work, until you return, I am all over your wife. I just can't resist. I don't get it at home, but that is no excuse. I'm sorry. It won't happen again."
    Bob arrives home, storms in, and shoots his wife. He gets another text from Sam.
    "Darn auto-correct! I keep typing "wifi" and it changes to "wife". Sorry about that."

8. Slough Smell

Slough Smell Senior Refuge Member

I went from an older 870 Express to a SXP - 3" a few years back for a couple of reasons. I do a lot of Pheasant hunting and the SXP is lighter. The safety in front of the trigger is a better setup for late-season hunts in the cold. The assist takes just a bit of getting used to. It is also priced so that I do not feel like I have to baby it and I wouldn't mind doing my own camo job on it.