Quest to lose 25lbs

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by shell waster, Jul 8, 2018.

1. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

@ Theduckslayer. I've seen that pic before. Casual encounters on Craigslist if I remember correctly.

2. shell waster

shell waster Senior Refuge Member

221. Either my scale is jacked or I have lost 5 pounds since Sunday. Calorie intake under 1600, light weights, and mountain biking in the evening (usually have to use light on way back). Think the evening biking is key cause after I hit the showers and then straight to bed. My legs hurt in am.

J.SCOTT and Wareagle1 like this.
  3. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

I tried what you recommend about 18 years ago when some high priced supplement company was offering to give a Ferrari away and ended up giving ten vettes away instead. Myoplex IIRC? It was a pain trying to work and eat 6 cold meals a day...... The grazing might simulate how a vegetarian caveman might have eaten but I.F. more closely resembles what a meat eater would have had.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  4. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

5. fishnfool

fishnfool Elite Refuge Member

I'm the guy on the right...just completed the 2017 Paris Marathon in this pic (3 hrs 27 minutes). I completed the Copenhagen marathon 6 weeks later in 3 hrs 18 minutes (7:30 min/mile pace).

I can pm you a picture of my 6 pack if you really want it...but I don't want to know anything about what you do with it.

[​IMG]

6. fishnfool

Of all the activities I'm into, I'm most gassed after a good MTB session. It's an amazing interval workout. For me, 6-8 miles of single track is MUCH harder/better than a 12-13 mile run.

7. likesbigspreads

likesbigspreads Elite Refuge Member

After reading all of this info, I have realized that after my weight loss journey of 8 years, I am a complete idiot on diet. I can keep my cardio up, but diet always fails. I can not really do a lot of weight lifting as both of my shoulders are jacked. I have started a little routine while running in the park that I stop at all the benches and do something...maybe just situps or pushups, triccep dips, things like that. I have been at the same weight plus or minus 10# for about 6 years. I need to do something different and I think diet is one of them. Wish my wife would be on board as it is hard to eat healthy when my wife and daughter are eating what we used to eat.

8. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

yes that has been my observation of fitness and weight loss over the past 20 years or so, level ranging from extremely fit athlete to fat worthless slug. No exercise plus crap diet is gonna equal fat gain, exercise plus crap diet is gonna maintain same weight, good diet plus no exercise will result in slow fat loss, and obviously a good diet plus exercise is the ideal situation, where fat loss and fitness are both maximized.

9. fishnfool

My advice is take over the grocery shopping. My wife is a terrible cook, and lazy as hell in the kitchen. She would eat frozen pizza or mac and cheese every night if I wasn't around.

If your fridge is only full of veggies, eggs, and lean meats, and the pantry is empty of all the processed crap then your (their) choices are limited. It forces everyone to get creative with cooking as well.

likesbigspreads likes this.
  10. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I think someone posted a link to this awhile back, but whats that diet for upcoming surgery patients to lose a lot of weight quickly?....a boiled egg with dry toast and coffee for breakfast, a hot dog ( no bun ) and something else for lunch, and a half can of tuna and something else for supper. Over three days, the diet changes slightly but remains next to nothing.

I did this once about 20 years ago, and though I dont recall the amount of weight that came off, it was substantial and quick. I have since gained it back.

Its not an excuse on my end, but dropping my one can of soda per day ( maybe two but thats very, very rare ) and some of the simple packaged stuff I throw in my blind bag (duck season) or lunch box (for work) is hard to do. I throw in a banana, granola bar, apple etc., but the far better tasting / bad for you food is so much simpler to take, its a hard habit to break.

During duck season, black coffee rules....non duck season, the cream/milk, sugar and recently, thanks to my wife, French vanilla creamer goes in every sweet tasting cup. Calories are not my friend, but damn they taste good.