Quest to lose 25lbs

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by shell waster, Jul 8, 2018.

1. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

No Irish cream? No rum? No Amaretto? What kinda outfit you runnin' up there, anyway? :dv

2. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member

I dont really drink, but I AM willing to learn :yes
    No, my drinking days are done. Dad drank to much and I did some dumb stuff with it long ago. I dont have but maybe, maybe, six beers ( no more hard stuff ) in a years time, and I've already filled that quota this year.

The weight I gained during duck season ( bad for you food and lack of exercise ) used to come off quickly in the Spring.
    Now that I'm in my mid 40's, it dont come off as easily.
    Like I said above, chewing on a celery or carrot stick aint my idea of fun when other stuff tastes so good.
    Moderation and exercise is key and the will power to do so.

hobbydog and stevena198301 like this.
  3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

https://www.diet-and-health.net/Diet/three3daydiet.html

4. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

Fun fact, you can have one Irish Car Bomb a day on the keto diet, supposing the rest of your day is <8g net carb. It's the little things.

stevena198301 likes this.
  5. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

personally I can’t have just 1 Irish car bomb.

Vammy and stevena198301 like this.
  6. pointblind

pointblind Elite Refuge Member

How to quickly fatten a pig, circa 1908 = low fat + grains.

Screenshot_7.png

Jagwall and Fowler267 like this.
  7. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

The Iceman's diet. It wasn't a Keto diet.

http://www.thisisinsider.com/iceman-5300-years-ago-ate-a-high-fat-meat-lovers-diet-2018-7

The iceman functioned using a similar principle to today's popular ketogenic diet. When there are no carbohydrates or sugars left to fuel your journey, the body can switch into ketosis, relying on fats to keep the brain and body moving.

But the iceman was not a paleo dieter, nor was he a fan of the low-carb, high-fat keto plan.

"The Iceman's last meal was a well-balanced mix of carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids, perfectly adjusted to the energetic requirements of his high-altitude trekking," the paper authors wrote.

In other words, he wasn't a picky eater, and nibbled on all kinds of foods, including some dangerous toxic bracken ferns. Scientists still aren't sure exactly why he would have eaten a toxic leaf, but suspect it could have been some kind of early stomach medicine, or else it was just an earthy container that some of his other food was wrapped inside, like an early Tupperware.

His prehistoric body was not immune to some of the ill effects of a high-fat diet, either. Body scans show that his middle-aged arteries were hardening, and it looks like he was well on his way to developing coronary artery disease. That didn't matter once he was murdered and plunged down into a dark rock hollow, putting his fresh and fatty meal on ice for curious scientists to discover thousands of years later.

8. stevena198301

There’s a show about him out there somewhere. I just watched it not long ago, maybe in Nova, or maybe on one of my online apps (Netflix or amazon). It’s worth a watch, for sure.

9. pointblind

pointblind Elite Refuge Member

What? How the hell does the author conclude this fella ate a "well-balanced mix of carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids" after the quotes from the researchers bolded?

10. stevena198301

He was found in ice, fully intact. His axe was still with him, and it was one of the oldest known iron head axes. Other stuff, too.