Rancho Tehama

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by shovelerslayer, Nov 14, 2017.

1. shovelerslayer

shovelerslayer Refuge Member

What has happened to our world? In my lifetime I cannot remember any one year that so many psychos have decided to come out. My heart goes out to the victims of todays tragedy. Unfortunately, the message that will be carried is the evil of guns. No one will discuss what is happening to our society to cause this. Standby gun owners to be put through even more hell.

Brottboss and freefall like this.
  2. mak2782

mak2782 Elite Refuge Member

Its all good Jerry Brown signed SB 620 thus removing enhancement penalties for those who use a gun in a crime. Instead of punishing those who actually commit crimes with guns they intend to punish those who obey laws and buy guns legally and use them lawfully. No huge surprise from these geniuses.

3. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

And Hollywood and the gaming industry keeping cranking out violent movies and games where killing the most people wins and we wonder why society with whack jobs keeps going downhill. Back in the days of family TV you and being taught right and wrong you didn't have this and back lots more households had a gun in the house.

4. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

Mental illness and the lack of funding and resources are largely to blame as well.

It truly is heartbreaking to hear of the innocent lives lost and children hurt.

5. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

But we do have a mega bucks project underway for a high speed rail system. Does that offset some of the frustration?

letmwurk and Dan Mallia like this.
  6. DBukiah

DBukiah Senior Refuge Member

Yes, many people would rather go off of emotions and base our new laws off emotions. Blaming the gun is easy. Sure without guns people would have not been "shot". Sensible people understand that we in the U.S. have had a good amount of firearms for many years with few problems (until the last 20 yrs or so). It seams that these issues are increasing with no substantial increase in gun ownership. Thus common sense would suggest we have a social issue at hand. I know I'm preaching to the choir. Thanks for listening.

Dan Mallia and API like this.
  7. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

If we consider "what has changed", I'd posit that most of the "change" (at least the rate of change) has been in media presentation of occurrences.

Dan Mallia and DBukiah like this.
  8. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

Misguided / frivolous govt spending is nothing new and as long as it continues and the mental health care system is left on life support more people will be hurt across our nation.

Prepare yourself, protect your family, love them openly and enjoy the gift of each day.

Prayers to those affected by this tragedy.

1911king and API like this.
  9. DBukiah

DBukiah Senior Refuge Member

Wife went to recent conference. They discussed this very issue and most had links to getting the media "ratings" kinda like a copycat type issue. The media is giving these people so much attention people with similar issues (mental) want to emulate them.

Brottboss and API like this.