Real Crab boats

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by SANJUANGLENN, Apr 27, 2018.

1. SANJUANGLENN

SANJUANGLENN Elite Refuge Member

Took my boat on a test run getting ready for Shrimp Season. Stopped in to say hello to Sig Hansen on the North Western and Keith Colburn on the Wizard. Both boats are the stars on Deadliest Catch TV series King Crab fishermen. 80 degree in Seattle

Great day to live in Seattle DSC_1053.JPG DSC_1049.JPG DSC_1040.JPG

seiowa, WHUP ! Hen, Fowler267 and 2 others like this.
  2. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

The Wizard has always looked like a box in the water, but rides really well, she seems huge on screen, how much bigger does she look next to other crab boats?

3. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Looks like the Northwestern was tied up at Pacific Fisherman?

4. furface

furface Elite Refuge Member

Very cool..How did you do shrimping?

5. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

My first time sport shrimping on Hood Canal (91)1 pull, two hour soak, 2 traps, 3 limits pulling 270 feet of line by hand:eek:

6. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Nice!!!
    At least they weren't commercial crab pots......my brothers hydro puller went out one day with 12 pots in 150' it was a ball buster for sure, luckily we had 4 guys on the boat so we could tag team the pots or they would've stayed there until we got the puller fixed. We fixed the puller as soon as we got back to the harbor we were crabbing for the week with a group of 20 friends counting on feasting on crab for the week.
    We wire Spot prawn traps to the tops of our crab pots, man are they good eating.
    As much as I love seafood, by the end of that week of eating as much crab and prawns as you could stuff into your mouth I was sick of seafood for a few weeks.:yes:yes:yes

7. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

You could always tag team seafood eaters.

8. callinfowl

I would love to tag team some of the women that go up with us every year.:eek::yes:l:tu

9. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Pulling commercial traps by hand,.. did any of you guys pass grade school :joker:yes
    I took Boy Scouts crabbing on the Columbia river , best crabbing ever, 3 traps full 9" crab.
    Some Saltwater commercial fisherman showed the boys how to quickly clean crab. Some of the boys ate and puked crab 2 and 3 times before they got their fill. The old man sure was entertained

10. callinfowl

Gotta do what you gotta do when you have a party for 20 people planned for that evening.
    You can bet your *** that we didn't go through the whole string, we don't normally keep 7 inchers that day we did.:yes:yes:yes:tu