Real old school...

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by mark seaters, Oct 7, 2018.

1. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Dad didn't want me tied to paper route to interfere with hunting and fishing and family times, so I used to fill in for two buddies that had routes. I think we got 12-18 depending on type of decoy.

2. freefall

freefall Elite Refuge Member

I delivered to Park St. I grew up on Charles st:tu

3. 7pntail

7pntail Senior Refuge Member

I don’t know where Charles st is. Will google. I grew up on York st. by Legion Park.

Duck season right around the corner. Boat is ready to go, and taking the trailer to Gridley this weekend. Looks like we will have sheet water though.

Btw, I retired. Will be hitting the river often. Lemme know if you are available during the week. Gonna leave the weekends to the warriors this year.

4. Double Reed

Double Reed New Member

Bought one off of a friend who quit his route in 8 th grade.

I could get 16 inflatable Neuman and Bennett each side. Stuffed my other things in the front and back. Waddled like a pregnant lady in my rubber Red Ball waders down the dike at Gray Lodge out of lot 12 many mornings.

5. green with ring

green with ring Elite Refuge Member

I use to help a friend with his Oakland Tribune route in Castro Valley back in 1967. He had a big hilly afternoon route. They used 4'x4'x4' dark green plywood delivery boxes. That's where we would do all of the inserts, folding, rubber bands and bag them on the bikes. Sundays and collecting were brutal. His Mom would drive him most Sundays with us throwing the newspapers out of the back of the station wagon.