Recent trends of HUGE blind bags

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by MDcanvasback, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Mack270

Mack270 Refuge Member

It all depends on the situation.
    If I’m wading into a swamp I wear a Drake or Avery strap vest. It carries my shells, gloves, face mask, dog leash and headlamp. Rarely I will bring a bottle of water or a Pepsi. No need for a bag for that kind of hunt. Granted I’m rarely in there for more than a couple of hours.
    Hunting out of a boat or on an all day blind hunt it’s different. My bag is the size of a small duffel but I try to be prepared for the unexpected and for getting wet. I usually have four pairs of gloves with me in the boat.

2. SB2MAG

SB2MAG Elite Refuge Member

I took Point blind hunting in the boat this year. He brought with him a Plano storage box. 30”x18”x12”. It kept his Krap dry but took up a large part of the boat. He had enough extra stuff for a week long hunt. In 45 min we got a limit of mallards and geese. He spent more time screwing around in his box than hunting. I think he was getting back at me for making fun of his European man purse the previous year.

For the boat, I have an MTM plastic ammo box. If it doesn’t fit In the box, I don’t need it.

For field hunting no blind bag. My ammo goes on my bandolier and everything else in a pocket. One bottle of water goes in the burlap bag or a decoy bag. No extra Crap. Also, for field hunting I’ll bring a small flash light if needed to find goose poop. If I field hunt on opening day of goose season, I’ll bring a light saber to wave at other hunters if they try to hunt the same field as me. It works!

8E04F33B-7E8F-483C-835C-26118B9A8525.jpeg

pud123 and Fowler267 like this.
  3. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

And I bought my first blind bag this year and was happy I could find one big enough for all my stuff. It was perfect never been so organized.

4. blacktail

blacktail Elite Refuge Member

My hunts never last more than 3.5 hours. Never have grub or drink.
    Quit taking coffees years ago. Just have to pee every 13 seconds.
    Vast majority of my hunts, blind bag stays with boat. I usually hide boat and walk 1-300 yards to hunt. Stuff shells in pocket, place marsh seat and decoys in jet sled.
    I may throw in a thermos of tomato soup on nasty days. Game changer

5. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

I rarely, if ever carry a blind bag. I either pack everything in my coat pockets, or wear a drake timber hunting vest. I have several blind bags, but typically just to carry ammo, and game straps in the car.

If I am cooking in the blind, I'll carry a 5 gallon bucket.

Vammy likes this.
  6. The Mad Duck

The Mad Duck Elite Refuge Member

So I guess being from the Oregon coast, you'll be needing a large bag to carry all your over-brewed Starbucks coffee,Huh?

DHC and coachcornbread like this.
  7. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

I just replaced my blind bag with a 75 qt Yeti. Very pleased so far.

DHC, riverrat47, pud123 and 12 others like this.
  8. Boot

Boot New Member

What do you guys recommend for a small bag, that doesn't get instantly soaked, just big enough for a box of shells, some gloves, and a flashlight? I'm using a "regular" size blind bag now but I find myself constantly taking too much junk, and wanting to throw it down if I'm carrying decoys as well.

9. Rice Hunter

Rice Hunter Senior Refuge Member

This is the biggest, "Men, calling out other Men but acting like women" thread I've ever seen.

Who cares who carries what? Do y'all worry about the coordination of your camouflage too? :l

Rangerbob, DHC, Allan and 5 others like this.
  10. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

No, so long as its sitka!:l