Recent trends of HUGE blind bags

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by MDcanvasback, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Buckhunter99

Buckhunter99 Refuge Member

I have a big blind bag. There is a reason that I have a big one though. Typically I only have a couple places to hunt and its a long walk back in so my bag is big enough for me to put about 7 decoys in the main pack area then the other zipper areas I have for my calls and lights and then one area has my shells. I found it is much easier for me to do this than to try and drag my sled through the woods to get back to the spot. If I was hunting out of a boat I would want a smaller bag but I don't have a boat right now so I cant justify purchasing another blind bag. If it was not for the reason I stated I wouldn't have a big one.

2. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

I remember about 25 years ago I was getting into a pit blind on the Eastern Shore of Md with a brand new blind bag that was double the size of a car battery. I didn't even take one step down the ladder and an old guy asked me if I was moving in for the winter with that thing. I laughed like hell, then tried to justify it.
    So today I bring 3 bags. One normal blind bag, a knapsack with three thermos's ( one coffee, two soups) crackers and various tins of smoked oysters, sardines, Little Debbies, cookies and other stuff like that. Then theres the tool bag with hammer, lopper, stakes, rope, saw, etc.

3. captaininsano050

captaininsano050 Senior Refuge Member

Post pics or you're lying.

4. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

I looked at a similar waterproof bag and quickly decided the roll top, wrap it around clip it to make it waterproof design would be a giant PITA. I've had what I would describe as a medium blind bag for many years. I am very happy with the size and pockets it has, but the dang thing has always been like a sponge when it rains or it sits in water. What an incredible thought that someone duck hunting, where water is often plentiful, would want a waterproof bag:confused: I found a good looking waterproof backpack that has a zipper top I am going to buy. $150 bucks, but if it works it will be worth every penny.

5. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

The Banded bag that was in one of my shooting mags and website looked like a reg bag not a “dry bag” that you may be looking at.

6. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Man, THREE facemasks? Okay in my Avery bag I carry an extra wool cap, COMPACT binos, extra pair of gloves, extra calls, a Army compass, ONE box of ammo, choke tubes, a Avery coffee jug, several large hand warmers, a head lamp, small flashlight. But I also check the weather the night before and in the morning. I do carry extra clothes, but leave them in the truck. Of course it took me 55 years to learn all this. Its only a 5-6 hrs hunt. I always kid my buddy about going on a 30 day Safari. But then again better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it. Like I’ve wrote after 55 years you know what you’ll probably need.BTW, that’s my large Avery bag, my smaller one tbat I use for walk-ins has some of the same stuff, but not as much: no extra anything ONLY essential stuff

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  7. DrakeStar

DrakeStar Elite Refuge Member

Quit the blind bag years ago.
    Pared everything down to a canvas satchel,found I did not miss anything hauling in that over stuffed,heavy,massive boxy blind bag.

8. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Not one person mentioned carrying TP....not one!

explorer17 likes this.
  9. RTIC

RTIC Senior Refuge Member

Wet wipes are the way to go. I can use them to wipe off my hands if needed.

Duck_Hunter_TX and pud123 like this.
  10. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

You get poo on your hands?

pud123 likes this.