Recommendations on full body mallard decoys

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by fowlwhacker, Jan 12, 2018.

1. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

Looking to pick up a couple dozen full body mallard decoys with round ring bases. Not interested in the stakes. any suggestions from folks who have some.

so far I have looked the at following that have ring bases on-line but have not had the chance to see any first hand.

- Dakota
    - Avery ghg harvester pack.
    - Flambau
    - Hidgon
    - Final Approach

Appreciate any feedback.

2. huntaholic21

huntaholic21 Senior Refuge Member

My vote would be higdon, Avery, or tanglefree. In that order. They are all pretty comparable.

3. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

Buy the used ones in the classified section. The spinners you use will be what the ducks key in on anyway.

GK1 likes this.
  4. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

I have original blue collars they were phenominal love them dont know about the new ones but original were sweet and tough

5. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Most are pretty much the same,unless you need them in a hurry I would wait for end of season clearance sales.Should be some at better prices in a couple weeks.

6. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

is there some place that sells them on-line that has good pictures of their full body duck decoys? Not much I could see on their facebook site and their url appears to be not working.

7. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

I dont know i was hooked up with them when they were in idaho. I believe the sold to a company in la the originals were carved by Don Mintz and they were painted by him they are the best full body ducks i have ever owned. I have original hardcore mallards,avery and they will outlast any. When they came out they had a 3 yrs guarantee on paint who else would venture to try that one. Made in USA. I Dont know much about new owners. They were kinda like a Dave Smith decoy of the full body mallards in my opinion

8. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

Except in rare cases full body duck decoys are a waste of money imo. If field hunting goose decoys and spinners are all you need. I have a dozen or so that have never seen the light of day. Can't remember ever thinking I wish I had them while hunting.

9. 1duckmaster

1duckmaster Elite Refuge Member

So true. Back in the day I picked up 75 flambeau enticers for a buck a piece. Then the wife bought me a dozen Avery full body mallards. Over the last 5 years, I bet they have hit the field once or twice.

th[3].jpg

10. theduckguru

theduckguru Elite Refuge Member

If money is no object, I would buy Blue Collars.