Relax, it's just duck hunting

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by shell waster, Sep 10, 2005.

1. shell waster

shell waster Senior Refuge Member

Well, here we go again with another season, and unfortunately some people look at waterfowling as a competition, this bothers me. Already in the early goose season we had people set-up to close, sky bust decoying birds, and try to kick us off state land so they could hunt there. This has happened to all of us. I try to invite the annoying party to work with us but alas to no evail. If someone beats you to a good spot, more power to them, and please give them room and respect that you would want. Annoying competitive hunting tatics only makes me want to stop hunting to avoid the hassle, and if enough people stop hunting our sport will die on the vine. I always try to take the high road and be accomadating, but every man has his limits. I have written about this before because it ticks me off that people are so worried that somebody else may shoot more ducks than them. Relax, I don't you will starve if you don't get your limit. Thank you for letting me vent, again.

2. hammrnmac

hammrnmac Senior Refuge Member

Well said !!! :clap :clap =Hammer

3. WWR

WWR Elite Refuge Member

There is just so many selfish retards that had no one teach them the right way to hunting. It's all about the killing to some people and it's ashame.

4. BayMan718

BayMan718 Elite Refuge Member

you guys think its bad try hunting long island...

limited space..and crappy attitudes = bunch of a-hole weekend warriors thinking they own the bay :mad:

5. Drahthaar dude

Drahthaar dude Elite Refuge Member

That my favorite part of the season. :tu

6. DiscoDuk

DiscoDuk Senior Refuge Member

Well said. :tu There are so many people out there that will do whatever it takes to get where they want , no matter if they arrive later then the other hunter, or must crowd them. :fp I think that if someone beats you to the punch then they get the spot that they choose and you go somewhere else. :yes

7. stevedawg

stevedawg Senior Refuge Member

Edmond, Oklahoma; currently frying my brain in tul
    thats why i lease. atleast i dont have to deal with people like that :rolleyes:

8. timber71

timber71 Moderator<br>Alabama Forum

its all about one thing...HUNTER ETHICS :yes

seems that most people wont go to them hunter ed classes and then even some that do, simpley just dont care.and thats sad

9. SBE4ME

SBE4ME Elite Refuge Member

I'm glad it is not like that where I hunt.

Matt

10. Greybeard

Greybeard Elite Refuge Member

.........and I'm sure that most of us have been subjected to the same circumstance (and not just once).
    You mentioned "sky busting" but you, yourself, go by the monicker "Shell Waster." Do you mind if I ask your age?