Remington V3 12 guage Info

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by duckbuster5901, Dec 7, 2016.

1. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Senior Refuge Member

Does anyone have any experience with the new V3 as far as reliability. Does it come supplied with stock shims for changeing cast and drop at heel? I see from their spec info it does come with spacers for lenght of pull. Thinking about getting one for wife to use .

leftyhunter likes this.
  2. jolle

jolle Elite Refuge Member

3. oldfireguy

oldfireguy Senior Refuge Member

Hunted with one in ND Coteau this season. Son also carried it a few days.
    I like it. Functioned flawlessly. Won't give up my 1954 Wingmaster Magnum, that I have carried 5 decades. But the V3 shoulders as nicely and balanced well.

4. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Senior Refuge Member

Evidently doesn,t have shim adjustments for drop and cast at present time. Maybe they,ll include this in near future. Might have to go Beretta 300 outlander route instead.

5. Alldrakes

Alldrakes Elite Refuge Member

Shims were suppose to be out in August, then Sept, then October......I gave up, ended up with a SX3, very nice gun and proven design.

6. 43x

43x Elite Refuge Member

Aren't you the same guy that was bashing this gun a while back because of the spring in gas piston ?

7. jolle

jolle Elite Refuge Member

There were no shims in my box but it appears to have one black spacer in between stock and receiver. I had a LOP extension kit for 870 synthetic that is stock extenders in front of pad, and it fits so I added that.

I need a cast shim as I have to move my head right to line up perfect. I examined as I've never had this issue with remington guns, and the top of stock is thicker than my 870 and 1100 so my head is pushed left.

I like how it feels, similar to my 1100 but lighter gun.

8. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I looked at one... The spacers only make the stock longer, with no means of making it shorter. The gun fit me, but I would prefer it to be just a tad shorter.

I am a big believer in gun fit, which is why for most women, I would consider a wood stock (that can easily be cut to fit). Just a tad too long means poorer shooting and more recoil... Just a tad too short, and I can shoot it just fine.

Biggest issue for me was that the stock was too high (or the barrel too low:nutz). I see a lot of rib and barrel when shouldering the gun (of course I have a neck like a giraffe though).

9. Alldrakes

Alldrakes Elite Refuge Member

Have a source for multiple gas pistons so them breaking is a non factor now.

10. Shot Caller

Shot Caller Senior Refuge Member

Send your piston to sure cycle and have it sleeved. I have went though 3 piston springs with my sx3 over the last 4 years. Had it sleeved over the summer and no reliability problems after a few hundred rounds now and no spring to break.